Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

01.04.78.01 firmware Mi Xiaomi repeater will not connect to Tello

ststith

Reaction score
I down loaded and installed firmware 01.04.78.01. Now I can not use the Mi Xiaomi Repeater 2 with my Tello. The blue light on the repeater does not come on when I power the Tello. Did the repeater set up as described on the internet but get Connection Error. Re-installed the My Home software from the App Store. Continue to get the Connection Error message at the end of the Mi Xiaomi setup process. Any help available

Reset your Tello and reconnect the repeater. Remember to add a password to your Tello.
Ansia, thanks.
I assume Reset Tello means with the Tello powered off; 1.Press and hold the power button until the Tello's light turns solid Red, 2. Open Tello app and connect Tello, and 3. go to system update and update Tello to the latest firmware. Correct? I found those instructions on this forum, KLBS, Oct 1, 2018. Also, do I assign the Tello a different pw than what came with the Tello and do I assign the pw in the Tello app or the Mi app? Sorry for all the questions. I have had the Tello for a year with zero problems, thus no experience with these procedures.

reset your repeater too. (and re-configure)

good luck
Quakco, thanks.
It is when I reconfigure the Mi at the end of the process (100%) I get the message Connection Error. Also at about the 25% mark the Mi flashing orange turns to solid blue. All of the Mi re-configure internet instruction indicate the light turns solid blue between 50% and 75%. I have re-installed the Mi Home software from the App Store but continue to get the same message. Where can I find the best instructions too re-configure the Mi? I have used several procedures found on the internet with all resulting with the same message.

first, you must set your drone with new name and password... acept, but nor reconect to the new wifi.

2- set you Xiaomi repeater with the new wifi, if the LED turn BLUE, the conexion between the drone and repeater is ok.

3- connect you phone to the new wifi (the same name that you set, but with "PLUS" added.

fly...

good luck.

Ansia, thanks.
I assume Reset Tello means with the Tello powered off; 1.Press and hold the power button until the Tello's light turns solid Red, 2. Open Tello app and connect Tello, and 3. go to system update and update Tello to the latest firmware. Correct? I found those instructions on this forum, KLBS, Oct 1, 2018. Also, do I assign the Tello a different pw than what came with the Tello and do I assign the pw in the Tello app or the Mi app? Sorry for all the questions. I have had the Tello for a year with zero problems, thus no experience with these procedures.
Yes. You assign the password on tello app. Ghe Mi app copies that password

Quakco, thanks.
It is when I reconfigure the Mi at the end of the process (100%) I get the message Connection Error. Also at about the 25% mark the Mi flashing orange turns to solid blue. All of the Mi re-configure internet instruction indicate the light turns solid blue between 50% and 75%. I have re-installed the Mi Home software from the App Store but continue to get the same message. Where can I find the best instructions too re-configure the Mi? I have used several procedures found on the internet with all resulting with the same message.
This happened to me too. Even if it fails, if it turns blue, it's configured and should work.

Reactions: Customerx
I did not have to set a password, it gave me the option to select a unsecure wifi network.

Not necessary to rename drone, nor to set a new password (default pow of 00000000 works just fine).

Thanks for all the help from the forum members.
I have attached a procedure I created that explains connecting the Tello to the Mi Repeater 2. Therefore later on when I have problems connecting I can evert back to this procedure. An issue of senior memory.
Steve.

Attachments

• Tello Mi Repeater 2 Setup1.pdf
    270 KB · Views: 23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv