Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

1 motor stopped working, so sad!

Mbro57

Reaction score
Flying about 15ft high when my Tello dropped from the sky. When I tried to restart it. The front right motor would not turn. 3 turn, 1 is dead. Turns easily like the others when turned with a finger, it’s not stuck. Bought it in March 2020. Saw vids on YouTube on how to replace motor, way above my pay grade. Does Tello warranty these things? I have crashed it in the past, has gotten back flying like a champ. Surprised it stopped working. Really miss my little friend.

• Sad
Reactions: Flydrone
I'm sorry for your little tello .. I have already done more than 8 hours with a tello and the engines are still good. I heard that these engines last about 40 hours of work under stress (factory test) if they have a few hours of flight, I advise you to replace only the defective one, on the net there are tutorials to perform this type of work. I am sure you will return to fly with your tello.?

It's worth popping the bottom off and checking to see if the solder joint to the board is still intact. If it is, the problem is the motor end. If there is a break, it's unlikely to be covered by warranty, whereas a faulty ,motor might be.

The check costs you nothing, but the welds are covered with silicone paste.
If you are not familiar with welds, you can try replacing the engine in this way (see video)I don't know if the engine was defective or not, but if it has a few hours of flight, something was wrong ...

Reactions: Bruchpilot
quick and easy solution .. but personally I prefer a cleaner job of soldering the wires on the PCB.

Attachments

• High-Performance-DJI-Tello-Motor-8520-Brushed-Motor-Replacement-Repair-Part-for-TELLO-RYZE-Te...jpeg
    High-Performance-DJI-Tello-Motor-8520-Brushed-Motor-Replacement-Repair-Part-for-TELLO-RYZE-Te...jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 28
Took the easy route and mailed my Tello back to ryze for repair. They make it really easy. Hope I don’t have to pay since the drone is less than four months old. I hope this isn’t a ongoing problem with motors failing.

Reactions: RMS001
If it is only 4 months old, it is covered by warranty.
It probably has a defective engine and will be repaired.

Tello did fix it for $72. Felt foolish paying that since you can buy a new one for $100, but I really like and missed my little friend. Glad to have it back and running.

Reactions: bigbaldbloke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv