Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android 8.1 connection issues

gator93

Reaction score
I downloaded a firmware update that now has created the most trouble connecting. It is super unreliable now. Immediately after updating, I lost control of the aircraft, and literally had to wait until the battery ran out and it landed automatically. It disabled the phone control completely. Then after charging the Tello, connecting to the phone did not work all day yesterday. I tried again this morning, and it worked once. Then when I shut it off and tried it again, it would not connect. I regret updating the firmware. Should have never done it. It was working fine before that. What can be done??? Anyone else having inexplicable connection problems?

I downloaded a firmware update that now has created the most trouble connecting. It is super unreliable now. Immediately after updating, I lost control of the aircraft, and literally had to wait until the battery ran out and it landed automatically. It disabled the phone control completely. Then after charging the Tello, connecting to the phone did not work all day yesterday. I tried again this morning, and it worked once. Then when I shut it off and tried it again, it would not connect. I regret updating the firmware. Should have never done it. It was working fine before that. What can be done??? Anyone else having inexplicable connection problems?
Strange, I fly with 8.1 without any problems.

What is your setup?

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "setup?"
What phone do you use?
Which app do you use to fly?
Do you use a controller?
If yes, how is this controller connected?
Do you fly with LTE/3G on or airplane mode?
Etc.

Any info you can give, will help me understand.

Ok. So I am guessing you use the original Tello app. Is the Tello firmware up to date?

If putting it on airplane mode does not work, download the app from the thread below and try to fly it. Let's see what happens.

aTello 0.9 [Android]

The firmware update was the culprit. Ever since updating, I lost control initially, then connecting became unavailable. Okay, thanks for the link. I'll try anything. I'm about to send it back, if this doesn't work. I've had it less than a week, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app three times. Updated firmware twice. It's crazy. Beginning to think it's not compatible with the phone, for some reason.

The firmware update was the culprit. Ever since updating, I lost control initially, then connecting became unavailable. Okay, thanks for the link. I'll try anything. I'm about to send it back, if this doesn't work. I've had it less than a week, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app three times. Updated firmware twice. It's crazy. Beginning to think it's not compatible with the phone, for some reason.
Phone and Tello app updated?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Tello app.

Try the aTelloPilot app. A lot less glitchy than the Tello app. I'm using it with a Gamesir T1 cabled to my android. Eliminates Bluetooth issues. Great video.

Somehow I think we are seeing more and more reports on wifi disconnects. I have had 3 of them reported for TelloFpv, but in reality these are problems between Tello & phone and not the app. Seems they are having trouble with the update.

Could be related to the introduction of the AP mode for the EDU (don't think they maintain a separate sourcecode branch for EDU). So I'd strongly suggest to complain at Ryze so they know they have to fix this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv