Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Apps, Controllers and VR compatibility

Seeing as compatibility is obviously an issue for a lot of people I've put a spreadsheet together with as much info as I have from this discussion:

Tello Compatibility

Good idea!

I just double-checked the T1s with "aTello" and it works with BT and OTG on Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4 Android 7.0

I didn't want to install the Sheets app so did not edit your chart

BTW the aTello App has Return to Home - press 'H' twice to set home point or long press to return home.

Last edited:
Good idea!

I just double-checked the T1s with "aTello" and it works with BT and OTG on Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4 Android 7.0

BTW the aTello App has Return to Home - press 'H' twice to set home point or long press to return home.

Great. I've updated the sheet with you info thanks.

Reactions: umanbean
Hello Phil and volatello,

I found this thread (Apps, Controllers and VR compatibility) really very good!
It comes exactly according to my research for my current objective: to fly with the Tello with a controller and with VR capabilities.

Phil - from my readings, I have come to the same conclusions as you published here. With the aggravating fact that, in practice, none of my controllers (Flypad and Gamesir G3s) worked with any of the app (Tello or aTelloPilot).

Volatello - your revision of the Bluetooth/WiFi signal relation is very good and a good insight for people who has the same objective as us. I was a bit worried that if we could only use the BT connection for the controllers, the wifi signal would be disturbed. So, I had already ordered a Xiaomi Mi 2 wifi repeater 1 month ago, even before I bought the Tello. I'm still waiting for TomTop to deliver it.
After reading this thread and the exchange of previous posts with you, I am eagerly awaiting the launch of your new app. Good luck with your work on app development!

All the best!
Jose

OK, the app is out and can be found here:
New app: TelloFPV

Second post has the APK and a manual

Great. I've updated the sheet with you info thanks.

I was on my tablet at the time... on laptop, editing your sheet is easy. I added TelloFPV to Mediapad M3 compatibility.

It doesn't recognize the Gamesir T1s yet though... BT nor OTG. :-( A few of the buttons do random things, but not start or fly. 'Y' opens the Main Menu, 'B' is 'back', one of them opens the camera menu, etc.

THANKS again.

I was on my tablet at the time... on laptop, editing your sheet is easy. I added TelloFPV to Mediapad M3 compatibility.

It doesn't recognize the Gamesir T1s yet though... BT nor OTG. :-( A few of the buttons do random things, but not start or fly. 'Y' opens the Main Menu, 'B' is 'back', one of them opens the camera menu, etc.

THANKS again.

Glad it's easy on the laptop. I guess volate!lo will be working in the controller compatibility.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erde