Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

big wifi interference

lagna_jean_a

Reaction score
Good morning all,
This Sunday, I was faced with a significant problem with my Tello. A friend bought a Tello iron, like me, bought a Xiaomi wifi repeater. This Sunday, we went to pilot them. I made my Tello go up to about 5 meters (I do not yet master it very well so I am quite shy) my friend made it go up to about 10 meters. After less than a minute, we both received a message saying "strong wifi interference". Result: the two devices remained in the air (fortunately not too much wind and the vps worked well) until the batteries were empty and the landing was done alone. The two planes landed within seconds of each other. Unable to regain control. Who could explain to me ??

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read me.

Jean

Thank you for the information, but then how to explain that it is quite possible to fly 2 (or more) Tello's together. In any case, this is what the promotional video announces on the ryze robotics website.

Hello, for what I understood you finished the batteries if that's the case that's why, Tellos land when there's no more battery and they do not respond to anything, it's a safety measure within the Drones, I recommend you land them before 10% of the battery is shown, I usually land my Tello at 30% battery.
I hope this was of help

This is true ... but in my opinion we must also evaluate the place where you fly if it is clogged by wifi interference ...

Reactions: Poncho Tello
This is true ... but in my opinion we must also evaluate the place where you fly if it is clogged by wifi interference ...
Yes, thanks and agree,
I just commented that because we are a group of five, we all fly our Tellos using xiaomi WiFi repeaters and we have done it at the same time without interference, we also use the Tello FPV app, and had problems only at a place with a radio antenna near our location.

I read you well, but we were on the grounds of a castle surrounded by nature, the only drones present were the two Tello and a Mavic Mini.

If you are flying them together look at the channels wifi is on for both the tello and xiaomi repeater. Even download a wifi monitor app which can tell you what wifi channels are being used. I am sure you can setup with different wifi channels but maybe there was an overlap somewhere.

It's critical to understand that the 2.4 GHz band where Tello WiFi operates only has three non-overlapping channels (1, 6 and 11.) The potential for interference is very high. For two drones to fly together in an area far away from any other WiFi networks, I would suggest using channels 1 and 11.

If you are flying them together look at the channels wifi is on for both the tello and xiaomi repeater. Even download a wifi monitor app which can tell you what wifi channels are being used. I am sure you can setup with different wifi channels but maybe there was an overlap somewhere.
Thank you, as soon as I have the opportunity, I will do this test

It's critical to understand that the 2.4 GHz band where Tello WiFi operates only has three non-overlapping channels (1, 6 and 11.) The potential for interference is very high. For two drones to fly together in an area far away from any other WiFi networks, I would suggest using channels 1 and 11.
Thanks for the info, I take note of this and I try to check or even adjust on these different channels the two Tello's

Thank you, as soon as I have the opportunity, I will do this test

Arrow_206

I replied a little quickly saying that I was going to test this, because I really don't see how I could change the channels. If you have a tutorial for me, I'm interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843