Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Bored Tello owner, looking to go further.

anangelfallen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a tello a while back and am now looking to mod/improve/change it in any way. I am getting bored with the usual software and hardware, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

Use a WiFi repeater to increase the range and improve the image and video quality, for example this one.

Use a OTG controller, example this one.

Use the "TelloFPV" app = absolutely TOP !!!
With many setting options and additional functions.
Test "TelloFPV demo" beforehand. The small price is well invested.

Let your Tello follow you via "TelloMe".

Use the FPV function with VR glasses and enjoy the country outside from a height of 30m.

Still boring?
Fly indoors with VR glasses through the whole house, through table and chair legs very close to the floor, take photos at the window and in front of a mirror. See what's on your cupboards.
Fly in the dark in the house and test how well you can control the Tello.

best regards

Last edited:
I have a semi flat roof and I purchased a number of "Hula Hoops" to place up there. I painted them bright Orange / Pink, and mounted them on a few bricks to hold them upright. It creates a really cool "track" for you to fly through in FPV and hones your flight skills.

If you use the TelloFPV app, you can try the different modes: Sport, Video, Cinematic. Each has it's own characteristics and I have recently found it fun to make cinematic videos with the Tello. (it's a fun challenge in a slight breeze! - Mind the trees!)

Want to go further? I've been experimenting with a dual repeater setup. While you won't be able to go higher than 30m, this should increase the range wherever I can plop a repeater down.

- Adi

Reactions: Bruchpilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode