Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Can I use a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017?

wojwen

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 and was wondering whether I can use it with the Tello. Has anyone here tried it out on this phone? I also have a Lenovo Moto Z lying around, but I would rather not use it since it's battery life is really bad. I've seen that there are some issues with the app on Android 10, but mine has Android 8 so it should be fine in this case.

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 and was wondering whether I can use it with the Tello. Has anyone here tried it out on this phone? I also have a Lenovo Moto Z lying around, but I would rather not use it since it's battery life is really bad. I've seen that there are some issues with the app on Android 10, but mine has Android 8 so it should be fine in this case.

Thanks!

If any flight app that connects with the Tello runs on the phone, I wouldn't see why not. Try it.

Better use TelloFPV, that app is paid, but it is worth its use since it shows you data that the same original app of the TELLO does not show, it has flight logs that the same original app does not have, I bought it at 2 dollars if No bad memory, I don't know if I would raise the price anyway there is a demo app

Reactions: MNNJR69
Hi!

Thanks!

During 2018 and first half of 2019 I succesfully flew Tello using same Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU) smartphone.

Only drawback was into stock Tello app. Live video is stutter with lot of frame loss. I wrote this claim to Ryze:

Tello app incompatibilty with mobile phone Samsung Galaxy A3 (SM-A300FU model)

It doesn't matter to me as every third part flying app worked flawesly: aTello (free), aTelloPilot (paid) and TelloFPV (paid and the best app ever) worked perfectly.

I only noticed that phone hardware has not power enought for allowing a fluid ActiveTracking funcion into aTelloPilot app. PingguSoft/aTelloPilot

All the best

Raul
-------

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv