Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Cheap generic Bluetooth controller.

The_5treet

Reaction score
Bought a cheap Bluetooth controller and used the app Octopus. Couldn't use TelloFPV as I don't have service or WiFi and when I started to use it said 'not active' , so I use the regular Tello app.
As you can see it did work, put frame skipping is bad.

Ugh thats some interference!

TelloFpv only validates the license for 2 days after installation. Then it stores a local license and won't ask you again.

Ugh thats some interference!

TelloFpv only validates the license for 2 days after installation. Then it stores a local license and won't ask you again.
You use the TelloFPV thru the octopus app, and every time you use the octopus app it's like it's the first time of using TelloFPV so it's never going to go away.
Don't get me wrong TelloFPV is absolutely amazing worth every penny. I just wanted to see if it worked with Octopus.

If TelloFpv keeps asking for internet access it has nothing to do with Octopus. It must be that your phone is not using "network provided time & Date" but a user defined time&date.
In that case the date & time can't be trusted and TelloFpv will never store a local license.

To fix: activate network provided date & time and two days later TelloFpv will store a local license.

But: Why would you use octopus since TelloFpv has native support for controllers?

If TelloFpv keeps asking for internet access it has nothing to do with Octopus. It must be that your phone is not using "network provided time & Date" but a user defined time&date.
In that case the date & time can't be trusted and TelloFpv will never store a local license.

To fix: activate network provided date & time and two days later TelloFpv will store a local license.

But: Why would you use octopus since TelloFpv has native support for controllers?
It doesn't find the controller.

Which controller?

If its compatible with Android it should be recognizedusing this app:

and then it will also work with TelloFpv (except for a few very nasty exceptions, like controllers reporting non-standard value ranges)

The results are in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-11-12-43-59.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-11-12-43-59.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 11
what happens if you connect the controller, open TelloFpvand go into controller settings?
The two dropdowns should now include the controller under its generic name (plus "onscreen" for the onscreen joysticks)

what happens if you connect the controller, open TelloFpvand go into controller settings?
The two dropdowns should now include the controller under its generic name (plus "onscreen" for the onscreen joysticks)
Ok that worked, I changed the drop down to display gamepad. I'll give it a try and see how the flight is :)
You are the man !
I'll post the results later after work tonight, unfortunately I work night shift :-/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv