Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller - compatible controllers

Gamesir T1s arrived today, connected first time and looks like its working fine.

Attachments

• 20180527152430.JPG
    20180527152430.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Just to confirm, using (as far as I can tell) the latest firmware available in the UK on the Tello along with the latest version of the android app and my new T1 controller connects without any issues. I didn't do any extensive testing however take off and landing worked from the controller and I was also able to fly straight into the nearest wall just as well as with the onscreen controls (possibly faster).

Reactions: dkuk
The Gamevice controller came today. It works perfectly, makes it a lot easier to fly. I never could get the hang of the stupid on screen joysticks in the app. My only complaint (I guess you'd call it a complaint) is the cost. At $99 it effectively doubles the price of the quad.

Marketing is a witch!
We're being taken advantage of...MEGA.
I'm not buying, writing is on the wall, I will learn to polish the screen and wear out the Tello and then go back to my foamies and fpv!?

I'm not sure if it's me you're talking about but definitely the T1 DOESN'T WORK.

I'm debating on returning it and was about to place an order for the T1s thinking it is probably that issue but looking at the reviews for the Tello on Amazon, everyone is now commenting that the T1s doesn't work as well or any of the Gamesir controllers for that matter. Repeating what everyone else is saying is that there is another controller that Gamesir is supposed to be releasing T1d or something like that and that is the one that is supposed to work but ETA on releasing it uknown.

In either case, my son is currently using the T1 for his iPhone to play minecraft which is pretty cool. He actually connected it to also his Samsung Tablet (bigger screen) and playing with the controller is like playing on a playstation/xbox. Sorry not to get off topic but the whole bluetooth controller idea is pretty cool.

So yes, Gamesir as of now DOESN'T work till they release a newer controller that is supposed to do so. I'm curious on the other hand whether it's a software specific change on Tello to make other controller works?? I don't know.

In either case, if you do get the T1s or the G3s to work. Let us know! I'm more than willing to accept I'm wrong :)

I have had my Tello for 4 days now. I work the flight controls from an iPhone 8+. Like everyone else, I am happy with the stability of the Tello, but not happy using the flight controls on my iPhone. I did some research. I just ordered GameVice. GameVice has a direct connect to the iPhone and the iPhone connects via WiFi. I believe this will solve the signal lag, as there is no Bluetooth signal. I am hoping to gain more control with the sticks on the GameVice. I will report on that later. I have an order in on Amazon. In the meanwhile, I got my 6 x 9” iPad out and downloaded the Tello app. What a difference. The controllers onscreen are much bigger and much easier to use. I took off in the living room and flew the Tello, FPV through the front hallway and into the kitchen and back in the living room. Using the iPad is a very big step up from the iPhone. If you have an iPad, I suggest you try flying the Tello with the iPad, before you buy a game controller.

My T1d controller work great for a few weeks and now I can't find it inside the Tello app in the Bluetooth settings I've tried every possible fix I can anybody got any ideas?

On Android device you can use aTello application with the gamesir joystick G3w (PS3 form and compatible)
It's a joystick with an output micro USB you can connect directly on any OTG micro USB Android device. Advantages : no battery weight , no Bluetooth lag ?
Inconvenient : don't work with official Ryze application but who's care ?

Does anyone know if the Tello is compatible with the Moto Z2 gamepad snap?
I hope that we can get confirmation on this I have a MOTO Z PLAY and I am wanting to get a MOTO MOD GAME PAD if it'll work with the TELLO it sounds like it is possible especially since the Gamevice works for the IPHONE because it is DIRECT CONNECT as well please let me know if you find anything out about it working GOD BLESS ? ✝️?

Reactions: dpino
So I'm using the Steelseries Stratus XL with Octopus app. I have a problem with the app as shown in the video below. When I press hard right or down with the right analog stick, it keeps resetting to center and doing the command over and over. I switch the analog sticks and does the same with the left side. I also tried it with a PS4 controller and does exacly the same, so I'm sure it isn't a broken controller. Anyone has any idea how to fix this? Whenever I'm flying, you can see the Tello doing exacly the same as the joystick.

BTW the lag with the PS4 controller is horrible. I wish I could get the stratus working great.

I'm using a gamesir g3s wired with the tello fpv app. No problems and also connect with stock tello app via Bluetooth. The fpv app allows the use of multiple controllers and you can assign and adjust sensitivity. I also used a shinecon Bluetooth controller but once I started using the repeater and bt controller things started to get laggy. That's why I prefer the g3s through a wired connection. I use that controller on just about everything as well as with octopus on some games. I don't trust octopus with the drone because it can cause conflicts with other apps and you can end up watching your tello fly away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel