Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller - compatible controllers

Well, maybe they should put that in their info someplace. Could you please post your source?
Not only have I seen others post their info from contacting Ryze, but I, myself, initiated a chat with customer support and they specifically told me it will be the GameSir T1D which will debut on the DJI store site when it is ready for sale. I am seeing, however, some spotty reports on forums of a few other controllers working.

Reactions: Supersonic
I've seen a couple videos confirming that a SteelSeries Nimbus will work with the Tello. Also the MadCatz CTRLi, and an older version of the Gamevice (GV156). So theres options out there. I'm receiving mine today and will test my Moga Ace Power. Will update.

I have a Steelseries Minbus bluetooth game controller bought at Apple to use with Apple TV and it works.
The L1 starts / stops record and the R1 snaps photos. (buttons by your index fingers)
Do you mean the Nimbus not Minbus? I tried to look up your controller on Amazon and it was not there. (as a dyslexic person myself I had to double check this)

Finally got to test my MOGA Ace Power controller. Works perfectly! If anyone has an iPhone 5 to iPhone SE, you should get this controller. You can find it super cheap. Works the same as the Gamevice since it connects via Lightning port. Some Bluetooth controllers seem to have a bit of latency, but having a direct physical connection really feels like there's zero lag. All the buttons do what they should and it can even charge your phone! I got it for $11 on eBay brand new. You might be able to find it cheaper.

Reactions: alienmartian22
I am picking up a Nimbus controller from Bestbuy today with some rewards points I have. What do you use to mount the phone to the controller?

Reactions: LPgeoteacher
I am picking up a Nimbus controller from Bestbuy today with some rewards points I have. What do you use to mount the phone to the controller?
The Nimbus won’t mount to the phone. I use a iPad mini connected to the Nimbus via Bluetooth. I have a case stand for the iPad. Mostly I’m looking at the Tello when flying but look at the iPad when taking a picture or checking battery. I still use the iPad for take off and landings.

I just tested out the Nimbus and it definitely works. I do not know if there are any adjustments that can be made to the controller in the software but it seems to be a little overly sensitive but I only tried it out for two minutes.

Folks stay away from Gamesir T1 /T1s. They dont work with the Tello, though they orginally were promoted that way. I had it comfirmed from Tello and Gamesir tech support. Also from, well, me. I bought a T1 and no matter what l did it would not work. Thankfully l could return mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted