Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controller - compatible controllers

That's interesting.
From the bluetooth joystick settings it tells me to:
1 turn on the controller
2 Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device
3 Open Tello app
4 Confirm the connection in the Bluetooth joystick settings.

I just assumed you'd see your new controller in that setting...argg
I've tried both the GameSir G3 and T1s and no luck.

I think that's because the Gamevice is not a Bluetooth controller. it hooks up via lightning port. I ordered a Moga Ace Power that works the same way. If it works I just spent the best $11 of my life.
I should also clarify I'm using an iPhone SE. Although the Moga is kind of old and originally for the 5 and 5S, I have read it works with the SE on a couple sites. Lastly, the Moga was the same price of the Gamevice when it came out.

The Gamevice controller came today. It works perfectly, makes it a lot easier to fly. I never could get the hang of the stupid on screen joysticks in the app. My only complaint (I guess you'd call it a complaint) is the cost. At $99 it effectively doubles the price of the quad.

If you reside in Cali, add $9.50 tax :mad:

But honeyko and I already have matching silver iPad Mini 4s, so the Gamevice is obviously the way to go.

Last edited:
DJI has the gamevice for $79 and if you hunt around you should be able to find a 20% off coupon. I ended up paying $59 for mine. Again, works great.

Reactions: Pursuer
DJI has the gamevice for $79 and if you hunt around you should be able to find a 20% off coupon. I ended up paying $59 for mine. Again, works great.

The one for the iPad Mini is now $99 but $79.20 with one of my DJI Select coupons, including shipping and sales tax -- for a $30 savings over Amazon, even with free Prime shipping. The trade-off is that FEDEX shipping from Shenzen takes about 4 days, and Amazon offered free 1-day to a nearby Amazon locker.

Thanks for the tip!

The one for the iPad Mini is now $99 but $79.20 with one of my DJI Select coupons, including shipping and sales tax -- for a $30 savings over Amazon, even with free Prime shipping. The trade-off is that FEDEX shipping from Shenzen takes about 4 days, and Amazon offered free 1-day to a nearby Amazon locker.

Thanks for the tip!
Glad it worked out

I have the GameSir T1s, Just tried connecting to both Moto X4 (Android 8.0) and iPad Pro (iOS 11.2.6) and both devices are negative. I even tried force stopping mouse simulation mode.

Mine is for Apple iPad Mini 4.

The unit I received from Amazon says it's for the "iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, and iPad Mini." Nothing about the iPad Mini 4.

What is the model number of the one that you have?

Thank you.

Nexus 6 phone on 6.0 Android with Gamsir T1s still a no go.... Kind of stinks cause I bought it in December because I thought it would be compatible

Sorry, I threw the box away. I would think you would be able to figure it out from the Amazon listing.

Whenever I see a sticker covering the original sticker on the outer box, I become suspicious of what's inside -- especially when the pic on the box is the same as the one shown for the 2016 edition in the comparison on Amazon, rather than the 2018 edition as claimed.

On the back of your GameVice controller that is working well with your iPad Mini 4, what is the Model # next to the serial number? The reason I ask is that I do not want to open the box and begin using it if it is incorrect.

Thanks still once again.

Last edited:
Whenever I see a sticker covering the original sticker on the outer box, I become suspicious of what's inside -- especially when the pic on the box is the same as the one shown for the 2016 edition in the comparison on Amazon, rather than the 2018 edition as claimed.

On the back of your GameVice controller that is working well with your iPad Mini 4, what is the Model # next to the serial number? The reason I ask is that I do not want to being using it if it is incorrect.

Thanks still once again.
It says Model GV140 on the back.

Glad it worked out
It says Model GV140 on the back.

Perfect! That's also what I have.

BTW, I like this style much more than the others in the Amazon comparison with the tablet mounts.

EDIT: However, I do have a concern, which is that the WiFi and Bluetooth antennas are located at the base of the iPad, which is inside the GameVice controller. This may interfere not only with control of the aircraft but also the incoming video signal. If ever I can find suitable conditions to fly -- it's been too windy to fly outside and the inside of our apartment has too much interference -- I will compare with and without the GameVice.

Last edited:
2 things. Controller gives you tactile controls over on-screen but does not increase range. You can buy the Hubsan repeater which increases your wi-fi range. For me its about range over the tactile toggles. Worth looking into

This device would improve image quality?

So far I have seen only one controller for use with the Tello, the one in their video, which is a GameSir G3s. If you have other experiences with other controllers which may be better or equally good, please advise here. Thanks.

For my iPad Mini 4, the MFI-certified GameVice GV 140 is the one that works. But note that the Bluetooth antenna, which controls the aircraft, and the WiFi antenna, which receives the images, are both inside the controller, which may affect transmission.

Type B01MR4VLJW into the Amazon Search Bar and the GV 140 will come up.

Attachments

• Keep the box.JPG
    Keep the box.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 6
  • iPad Mini 4 antenas.JPG
    iPad Mini 4 antenas.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have a Steelseries Minbus bluetooth game controller bought at Apple to use with Apple TV and it works.
The L1 starts / stops record and the R1 snaps photos. (buttons by your index fingers)

Got the Minbus yesterday. Works like a charm, no set up just connect to Bluetooth on the iPad mini and go. Thanks for the tip!

I hope others will comment soon to describe what controllers they are using. I am looking forward to the better control of the drone with a game controller. Anyone using one with Android devices?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel