Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Damaged a propeller on my fourth flight

otto31

Reaction score
I went out flying today, the time was about half past 9, so it was rather dark. It was also pretty windy outside. The Tello flew fine most of the time it was in the air, until the battery started to die. I decided that I would do a hand landing, but right when I put my hand under it, the wind blew it away. I canceled the landing and regained control over it. I was flying next to some ruins, so the environment was quite rocky. I landed on a patch of grass, but didn’t notice a rock that was on it. Upon landing one of the propellers hit a rock and got scuffed up. I went inside and got it replaced, everything’s fine now. Didn’t expect to have to sacrifice a propeller so early on, but oh well.

Reactions: Kyle Knox
The first few times with a new drone is always funny. Flew my tello first time in kitchen with low light. I lost vps, the drone drifted and knocked two wine glasses off?. Two days later I hanged it on an electric fence and lost two props. I paid my kids to find them and they eventually did after a few hours. Recently I got a xiaomi fimi and tried it inside. Problem was default hight on auto take off was 4m?. Luckily the drone wasn't damaged.

No, I always keep my propeller guards on.
The first few times with a new drone is always funny. Flew my tello first time in kitchen with low light. I lost vps, the drone drifted and knocked two wine glasses off?. Two days later I hanged it on an electric fence and lost two props. I paid my kids to find them and they eventually did after a few hours. Recently I got a xiaomi fimi and tried it inside. Problem was default hight on auto take off was 4m?. Luckily the drone wasn't damaged.
I just ordered the Xiaomi wifi repeater as well, I also got a case for the Tello

I just ordered the Xiaomi wifi repeater as well, I also got a case for the Tello
The repeater make a big difference. I can safely fly 80metres away but after 50metres it can become a bit difficult to see. As a rule of thumb never fly the tello too low. When it is too low it will not pitch and the slightest sniff of a breeze will push it away. When it's a little windy switch it to sport mode because it will handle the wind better. And because it rely on a camera at the bottom to keep position it is better to fly in good light. Oh and don't fly over water because it will get confused and keep on drifting until it reach a stable and solid surface.

Reactions: otto31
The repeater make a big difference. I can safely fly 80metres away but after 50metres it can become a bit difficult to see. As a rule of thumb never fly the tello too low. When it is too low it will not pitch and the slightest sniff of a breeze will push it away. When it's a little windy switch it to sport mode because it will handle the wind better. And because it rely on a camera at the bottom to keep position it is better to fly in good light. Oh and don't fly over water because it will get confused and keep on drifting until it reach a stable and solid surface.
Thank you for the advice :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv