Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Do many of you have a Tello along with a larger drone?

Netfolks2000

Reaction score
My previous comment in this thread was 15 months ago and I still have praise for the mighty Tello. It is so durable. I think it could fall from the sky and survive with minimal damage and fly again. I also have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Spark but the Tello has its own place, still a pleasure to fly. The Tello FPV app has given it a whole new life, with so many nice features packed in. Amazing. The Tello has marked its place in the history of drones, a true classic.

Reactions: umanbean

umanbean

Reaction score
My previous comment in this thread was 15 months ago and I still have praise for the mighty Tello. It is so durable. I think it could fall from the sky and survive with minimal damage and fly again. I also have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Spark but the Tello has its own place, still a pleasure to fly. The Tello FPV app has given it a whole new life, with so many nice features packed in. Amazing. The Tello has marked its place in the history of drones, a true classic.
Agree 100%

I've had a Phantom 3 Pro for 2 years now. It's an amazing machine and I still love to fly it.

But I wanted something to fly indoors during the bad weather last winter, so I bought a Tello in November (2018)... it was great fun.

In December, along came the TelloFPV app and changed everything about the Tello!

I haven't had this much fun since the mid-80s when I started building PC XT clones.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Well, it seems that I hit a nail with this app. The commercial success is greater (and longer lasting) than anticipated. Otherwise my wife would have stopped this months ago :)

It went a bit out of control earlier this year but recently its been more and more relaxed. I even found time recently to just fly a few batteries for fun!
After I finally dropped the idea of a vGPS based followme I can now focus on making things a little better step by step. I still have a few refinements here and there to do, a few new autopilots, some video improvements, VR mode configuration needs some work, maybe improved layouts for tablets, etc. But overall I am happy with the app and I think it is 95% feature complete.

I still have a few ideas that I play with but none of these will become part of TelloFpv. The reason is that these require heavy and complex computer vision and machine learning libraries. None of these is really fit for prime time use, they are heavy, delicate and don't work reliably on the lowend or average phone that make up half of the userbase.

Koedoe888

Reaction score
I have access to a spark at work but it is too bulky to fit into my little company vehicle. Personally I have the tello and a second hand xiaomi fimi a3. The a3 seemed to be glitchy but after a firmware update have became a more polished unit. But I only use it weekends. My boss was watching me handling the tello in strong winds a few times and have now offered to get me the foldable fimi x8 which I can then also carry with me in the car. So it's on its way now. But as for the tello and fimi a3 I'm happy with them both.

2edgesword

Reaction score
I have a Hubsan H501SS, Parrot Anafi and DJI Mavic Pro as well as a couple of smaller drones. I do the just for fun flying with the Tello, Holystone HS160 and the H501SS. The Anafi and Mavic Pro are for doing anything serious (serious in an amateur way) video/photograph.

ChristoffB

Reaction score
I have access to a spark at work but it is too bulky to fit into my little company vehicle. Personally I have the tello and a second hand xiaomi fimi a3. The a3 seemed to be glitchy but after a firmware update have became a more polished unit. But I only use it weekends. My boss was watching me handling the tello in strong winds a few times and have now offered to get me the foldable fimi x8 which I can then also carry with me in the car. So it's on its way now. But as for the tello and fimi a3 I'm happy with them both.
How small is your company vehicle? :oops:

Bruce

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having something to connect with and just fly. Instead of connecting extenders. It would be fun inside too.
Have 1 Tello and Phantom 4 Pro + V 2. I can play or I can get down to business.

dronecrone

Reaction score
I had a Phantom which I sold a couple of years ago to get the wee Mavic Pro. Recently, due to the restrictive drone laws in Canada, I sold the Mavic Pro and bought the Tello in its place because it sounded like Tello was one of the better under 250g drones on the market.

ChristoffB

Reaction score
lololol its an old hilux single cab with not too much space behind the seats. and in south africa you have to keep everything out of sight
Also from SA, so I know what you mean. Funny enough, my company vehicle is also a Hilux - there is very little space behind those seats, especially the new ones! I was unable to fit my spark (in its aftermarket case which also holds the remote) behind the seat.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joren