Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Do many of you have a Tello along with a larger drone?

My previous comment in this thread was 15 months ago and I still have praise for the mighty Tello. It is so durable. I think it could fall from the sky and survive with minimal damage and fly again. I also have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Spark but the Tello has its own place, still a pleasure to fly. The Tello FPV app has given it a whole new life, with so many nice features packed in. Amazing. The Tello has marked its place in the history of drones, a true classic.

Reactions: umanbean
My previous comment in this thread was 15 months ago and I still have praise for the mighty Tello. It is so durable. I think it could fall from the sky and survive with minimal damage and fly again. I also have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a Spark but the Tello has its own place, still a pleasure to fly. The Tello FPV app has given it a whole new life, with so many nice features packed in. Amazing. The Tello has marked its place in the history of drones, a true classic.
Agree 100%

I've had a Phantom 3 Pro for 2 years now. It's an amazing machine and I still love to fly it.

But I wanted something to fly indoors during the bad weather last winter, so I bought a Tello in November (2018)... it was great fun.

In December, along came the TelloFPV app and changed everything about the Tello!

I haven't had this much fun since the mid-80s when I started building PC XT clones.

I have access to a spark at work but it is too bulky to fit into my little company vehicle. Personally I have the tello and a second hand xiaomi fimi a3. The a3 seemed to be glitchy but after a firmware update have became a more polished unit. But I only use it weekends. My boss was watching me handling the tello in strong winds a few times and have now offered to get me the foldable fimi x8 which I can then also carry with me in the car. So it's on its way now. But as for the tello and fimi a3 I'm happy with them both.

I have a Hubsan H501SS, Parrot Anafi and DJI Mavic Pro as well as a couple of smaller drones. I do the just for fun flying with the Tello, Holystone HS160 and the H501SS. The Anafi and Mavic Pro are for doing anything serious (serious in an amateur way) video/photograph.

I have access to a spark at work but it is too bulky to fit into my little company vehicle. Personally I have the tello and a second hand xiaomi fimi a3. The a3 seemed to be glitchy but after a firmware update have became a more polished unit. But I only use it weekends. My boss was watching me handling the tello in strong winds a few times and have now offered to get me the foldable fimi x8 which I can then also carry with me in the car. So it's on its way now. But as for the tello and fimi a3 I'm happy with them both.
How small is your company vehicle? :oops:

I had a Phantom which I sold a couple of years ago to get the wee Mavic Pro. Recently, due to the restrictive drone laws in Canada, I sold the Mavic Pro and bought the Tello in its place because it sounded like Tello was one of the better under 250g drones on the market.

lololol its an old hilux single cab with not too much space behind the seats. and in south africa you have to keep everything out of sight
Also from SA, so I know what you mean. Funny enough, my company vehicle is also a Hilux - there is very little space behind those seats, especially the new ones! I was unable to fit my spark (in its aftermarket case which also holds the remote) behind the seat.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Mini and a Tello. My favorite by far is the Phantom. It can handle just about any scenario I can throw at it. It is the most robust drone I have ever owned. It has a 4K camera on it. In fact it is the design that some people think of when they think of drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv