Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Does the position sensor work in the grass?

João Vitor

Reaction score
I was trying to make a record of an abandoned house when a light gust of wind took my tello away, would that be a mistake in my drone or does it really not work in the grass?
I retrieved the drone by activating the fast mode and bringing it to the takeoff location.
Obs: Sorry for any grammatical error because I'm brazilian I'm using google translate hehehhe.

Yesterday I flew with my tello in the usual field far several kilometers from homes and interference, but I had a similar problem ... there was a bit of wind but it was not very strong, and the little tello at a height of about a meter from the ground, no longer responding to the commands "back and forth" I could only lift it and lower it! and this was dasolo adrift ... on the app very often gave me strong wind and vision position. Never had problems like this before and I even flew to 25 meters in height! Now after this I'm afraid of losing it! maybe that bit of wind was the cause?

I was trying to make a record of an abandoned house when a light gust of wind took my tello away, would that be a mistake in my drone or does it really not work in the grass?
I retrieved the drone by activating the fast mode and bringing it to the takeoff location.
Obs: Sorry for any grammatical error because I'm brazilian I'm using google translate hehehhe.
Usually it does not work. The grass has a similar patter and the Tello sensors need patters that change. Example would be lines on a basketball court.

Yesterday I flew with my tello in the usual field far several kilometers from homes and interference, but I had a similar problem ... there was a bit of wind but it was not very strong, and the little tello at a height of about a meter from the ground, no longer responding to the commands "back and forth" I could only lift it and lower it! and this was dasolo adrift ... on the app very often gave me strong wind and vision position. Never had problems like this before and I even flew to 25 meters in height! Now after this I'm afraid of losing it! maybe that bit of wind was the cause?
Sounds like a.pn error in the software. Try updating everything and power cycle everything as well.

strange! never had this problem to fly on the field ... now I have to postpone the tests because of the weather (it snows in my country Italy) I see to update the tello with the new firmware and redo all the calibrations.
Thanks for your reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen