Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Firmware Update

skipper1

Reaction score
Just got a Tello replacement. It has firmware 1.03.33.01 and the new firmware is 1.04.91.01. When I try to update, the Tello ends up shutting off because update it gets stuck on Verifying Firmware. I’ve tried several times to update but no joy. Any suggestions?

Reactions: arrow_206
I’m only guessing that I am the only one that is having difficulty doing a firmware update?

With my first Tello I was unable to get a firmware update and later on the Tello would take off like a rocket and crash into the ceiling eventually damaging the aircraft. I called support and they told me to return it. I did and received another one just yesterday.

The first thing I tried to do was do a firmware update, several times and over about a 2 hour span. This morning 8/6/19 I tried again, unsuccessful. I called Tello twice this morning and again never could get a firmware update. I am currently waiting on Tello to send me a shipping label to send the current one that has never flown back.

I don’t know why but I have a strong feeling that there are several out there that are flying on the firmware that came on the Tello and have been lucky. If your aircraft starts taking off like a rocket or quivering while hovering, those are the signs of trouble. If that happens to you, I strongly advise you to contact Tello support.

Hey skipper1 - I have the same issue. I am able to fly mine, but I am not able to have Droneblocks work. I wish you luck and hope you receive an answer. If I find one I will post.

I finally resolved my issue of updating the firmware. It seemed I tried everything I could think of and finally I uninstalled the Tello app and reinstalled it on my iPad Mini 4. I tried updating the firmware and it updated. It went real fast. After the update you will find the sticks are super sensitive. I wish either Tello or GameSir would have a software fix so you could have a choice of how you want the sticks to perform.

I finally resolved my issue of updating the firmware. It seemed I tried everything I could think of and finally I uninstalled the Tello app and reinstalled it on my iPad Mini 4. I tried updating the firmware and it updated. It went real fast. After the update you will find the sticks are super sensitive. I wish either Tello or GameSir would have a software fix so you could have a choice of how you want the sticks to perform.
Tellofpv I believe u can choose how the sticks perform

Reactions: umanbean
Just had my tello a couple of days and went for a firmware update. On restarting everything, there was no tello wifi. Unbelievable! Factory reset of drone and reinstalled the tello app but still no joy. As a recent purchase, I will request a replacement from the supplier. Very disappointing. It worked just fine out of the box and I will not make the same mistake again.

I heard if you turn on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular service, etc. it would help increase input lag...

Just a prank bro!

What @Friendlytoad said - TelloFPV

Reactions: umanbean
What @Friendlytoad said - TelloFPV
Yea to that... too bad for iPhone users there's not an iOS Android emulator ☹

A cheap used Android phone with 5.0 or later is the best solution for that... and knowing what I know about Tellofpv, it'd be worth it to me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv