Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

FlyAway Issues

PhucMiRunnin

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else us having these issues but now i have lost a second Tello due to a fly away! I will not be buying another until someone addresses this problem! Same as before, iphone X and latest Tello Firmware. The drone was just hovering ans suddenly it started to drift to the side and rise up in altitude. No response from the controls so i glance down at the phone and see the app crash and disappear off the screen. i had the height set to 30 meters oit should have stopped but it kept climbing and is now gone gone! this is starting to really piss me off! This is the second time its happened!
Any suggestions on this issue or possible corrections?

Regards,
PMR

Experienced something similar today. I was flying in my office and the Tello suddenly falls down on floor. I didn't touch anything, it was hovering at the time. I saw that my WiFi was trying to connect to my office WiFi instead of Tello and probably send something corrupted to the Tello and the interpretation was turning motors off and falling down. Maybe something similar in your case, but Tellos interpretation of WiFi switching was just flying away? Also I am on Andorid.

Experienced something similar today. I was flying in my office and the Tello suddenly falls down on floor. I didn't touch anything, it was hovering at the time. I saw that my WiFi was trying to connect to my office WiFi instead of Tello and probably send something corrupted to the Tello and the interpretation was turning motors off and falling down. Maybe something similar in your case, but Tellos interpretation of WiFi switching was just flying away? Also I am on Andorid.
Just contact ryze ask for assistant.... they're always available 24/7 go to support then bottom page got online support chat...
For me WiFi interference are the main coz of my tello flyaway... specially at High altitude... when signal lost...tello will try to land...in turn wind will blow your tello faraway ?

I am used to WiFi interference. It wasn't landing. It fell from 2 m with motors stopped. My phone has some problem with WiFi. It showed x0 as connected WiFi and after about 3 seconds it connected to my office WiFi.

It was 100% problem of my phone, not Tello, so no need for support line. I flew it 2 times more already, but I deleted office WiFi profile and performance was excelent!

I am used to WiFi interference. It wasn't landing. It fell from 2 m with motors stopped. My phone has some problem with WiFi. It showed x0 as connected WiFi and after about 3 seconds it connected to my office WiFi.

It was 100% problem of my phone, not Tello, so no need for support line. I flew it 2 times more already, but I deleted office WiFi profile and performance was excelent!
There's your answer by yourself... experience 2x flyaway contrary to your said...mine was landing....1st in the field 2nd in the rooftop....
The think that users forgetting, specially with Mi WiFi repeater is that tello is selfie drone for not faraway use...
tho possible for long range or High altitude fly...is not advisable.... results is suffer the consequences ??

Also if tello lost signal...it will hover for not longer time and land

I’m not certain about your definition of high altitude, but I was flying my Tello at just over head high? I’m 6 foot so I’d say 7-8 feet high and about that same distance away from me. When it suddenly shoots up in the air like that is what I was telling it to do? And yes it probably did drop connection after it got far enough away but I never saw it come down anywhere and believe me I looked for it! That’s my $100 drone so yeah I was looking hard!

I’m not certain about your definition of high altitude, but I was flying my Tello at just over head high? I’m 6 foot so I’d say 7-8 feet high and about that same distance away from me. When it suddenly shoots up in the air like that is what I was telling it to do? And yes it probably did drop connection after it got far enough away but I never saw it come down anywhere and believe me I looked for it! That’s my $100 drone so yeah I was looking hard!
No signal with wind tello will go faraway than you're expected and land.... got flyaway already 2x luckily i still found it...
So i there for concluded without signal tello are dangerously will try to land but with wind blowing...tello can go much farther than you're expectedIMG_20181009_173351.jpgIMG_20180928_160225.jpg

I’m glad you were able to find yours, I haven’t been so lucky in finding mine! It shot straight up and out of sight, I had the height limit set for 30 I believe? But maybe the phone is what actually controls that, I don’t know for certain? Just speculating about that one since it went much higher than that?

I feel your pain, but rather than $100 drone, it was $1,500 one and I never found it. Still cry myself to sleep over it and it's been almost a year now. We miss you Tatin 1.

I''m not sure about iPhones, but in Androids, when there is no internet connection. The phone will disconnect from that wifi, in favor of a wifi that does have internet connection. So you must be very careful when you fly.

I feel your pain, but rather than $100 drone, it was $1,500 one and I never found it. Still cry myself to sleep over it and it's been almost a year now. We miss you Tatin 1.
Feel sorry for you... that's hurt i know ? hoping for your fast healing

Has anyone's fly away issues happened in a low light situation?

I was playing with the tello at dusk - the kids were doing some scratch programming. As the evening progressed and it got darker we noticed the tello would stop processing commands and start to hover away, being taken in the direction of the prevailing breeze. When we turned on the backyard spotlights the tello started responding to commands again.

I believe the ground sensors are part of the decision making the tello goes through. I believe when the ground sensors are no longer available (low light, high altitude with diminishing light) the tello stops on the last command it has received - be it programmatic or manual control.

Just my 2 cents, can't be bothered doing any real work today, lol..

ph2t.

Reactions: Ansia
Yeah I admit that has got to suck big time! I am still pissy about mine so I can imagine you are still feeling it as well! In iPhone you can deselect the Connect automatically function if desired, which is how I prefer it to be?

I’m not familiar with the Tatin’s but I will definitely be looking them over! I’m sorta interested the new Hubsan Zino?
Does anyone know whether the Tello is the final controller of its height by using the ultrasonic sensors or does that data get monitored by the cell phone app?
It’s got to be the Tello, the other way is to complicated and wasteful.
I think I probably just answered my own question though, cause what about people using controllers? If if wasn’t the Tello controlling it’s own height those people would not have that function right???

I’m not familiar with the Tatin’s but I will definitely be looking them over! I’m sorta interested the new Hubsan Zino?
Does anyone know whether the Tello is the final controller of its height by using the ultrasonic sensors or does that data get monitored by the cell phone app?
I think I probably just answered my own question though, cause what about people using controllers? If if wasn’t the Tello controlling it’s own height those people would not have that function right???

Tatin is just the name I gave my DJI Phantom. As for the heigh. It is my understanding that the sensors underneath the Tello are the ones that measure height. According to Ryze, the maximum height they were suppose to be able to measure is 33 feet, but we all know that’s not true. That being said, sending your Tello 100 feet up, is playing with fire. Eventually you will get burned.

When the tello is hovering, put your hand underneath it and move up towards the sensors - it will move upwards to avoid hitting your hand. This is without the app running.
Cheers,
Ph2t.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv