Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Flying Tello indoors, airport is 11km away from my house (Poland)

xLatino27

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I am living in Poland, but I am not polish, so finding info about this it’s a bit complicated for me :D

I recently bought a Tello and I want to fly in inside my flat to train and because it’s my new toy!!! I wanted a drone for like 4 years... hehehe, anyway. My main concern it’s that I live kind of like 10-13km away from the airport and was wondering if I wouldn’t have any issues at all if I would fly my Tello inside my house... I know it sounds like an stupid question since it’s my property... but you can never be too sure wise people always say :D.

I am aware I might not receive a concrete answer from a polish person, but I wouldn’t mind reading how this scenario would apply in the country you live.

Thanks for your time and have a lovely day :D

TELLO POWAAAH!

I'm not polish but in germany indoors means it's not part of regulated airspace.

Anyway no official body has even the slightest chance to show evidence that you are flying a drone inside your house.

Reactions: xLatino27
I don't see any problem. If you fly outside from 2021 on, probably you need to register according to the new EU regulations.
Tello is far less than 250g, but it has a camera and it is not clear if this camera is only an FPV camera or if it is a "sensor to collect personal information".

Regarding the proximity to the airport, again outdoor only, look for AIP charts which tell you where you may fly. In a zone that prohibits flying from GND to something, you may not fly.
11km from the airport this could be the case.
Elsewhere no problem, we may fly 120m high and Tello will only fly 30m high.

I am about to do the registration, mainly because I fly RC airplanes too, and I do not expect any problems.

Recreative drone economy is a BIG thing right now. Something anywhere trying to make it illegal to fly UAV inside houses would raise a fury from the pilot's communities and the industries involved imo.

I don't see any problem. If you fly outside from 2021 on, probably you need to register according to the new EU regulations.
Tello is far less than 250g, but it has a camera and it is not clear if this camera is only an FPV camera or if it is a "sensor to collect personal information".

Regarding the proximity to the airport, again outdoor only, look for AIP charts which tell you where you may fly. In a zone that prohibits flying from GND to something, you may not fly.
11km from the airport this could be the case.
Elsewhere no problem, we may fly 120m high and Tello will only fly 30m high.

I am about to do the registration, mainly because I fly RC airplanes too, and I do not expect any problems.
Hello martinpi,

could you please let me know which new regulation you are talking about? :)

best regards and thanks your answer! :D

Hello martinpi,

could you please let me know which new regulation you are talking about? :)

best regards and thanks your answer! :D
The EU regulations 2019/947 for UAS (unmanned aerial systems) which will be in force from 2020-12-31 onwards.
What I was not aware (like probably most of RC-pilots) that this regulation applies to drones and RC planes alike.
With all that corona confusion, it has gone widely unnoticed.

But flying indoor is not subject of this regulation.

The EU regulations 2019/947 for UAS (unmanned aerial systems) which will be in force from 2020-12-31 onwards.
What I was not aware (like probably most of RC-pilots) that this regulation applies to drones and RC planes alike.
With all that corona confusion, it has gone widely unnoticed.

But flying indoor is not subject of this regulation.
Thanks for the info!

I read about it and I found that you may not need to register the drone if it weights less than 250gr and if it’s also labelled as a “toy”, the Tello drone it’s very small... however I wonder if it is considered a toy.

By Any chance do you the website where we should register it? or if its going to be a local website for each country?

thanks again and sorry for being a pain :p cheers! :D

Thanks for the info!

I read about it and I found that you may not need to register the drone if it weights less than 250gr and if it’s also labelled as a “toy”, the Tello drone it’s very small... however I wonder if it is considered a toy.

By Any chance do you the website where we should register it? or if its going to be a local website for each country?

thanks again and sorry for being a pain :p cheers! :D
It will be a national registration.
In Austria, registration will be possible from Dec 31 on, and it is mandatory from Dec 31 on.
In a video conference on this topic, the Austrian Aero Club said: Nobody will be crucified when he is not registered by Jan 2.

On the Tello I did not find a CE label that classifies it as a toy.
Otherwise for a drone with less than 250g you do not need to register, but if it has a camera (a sensor that can collect personal data) you have to.
An FPV camera does not count as a camera.
Tello cannot store images onboard (probably for this reason), but you can store images on the phone so it might count as a camera.

So I think it is not clear at all. Just wait and see.

It will be a national registration.
In Austria, registration will be possible from Dec 31 on, and it is mandatory from Dec 31 on.
In a video conference on this topic, the Austrian Aero Club said: Nobody will be crucified when he is not registered by Jan 2.

On the Tello I did not find a CE label that classifies it as a toy.
Otherwise for a drone with less than 250g you do not need to register, but if it has a camera (a sensor that can collect personal data) you have to.
An FPV camera does not count as a camera.
Tello cannot store images onboard (probably for this reason), but you can store images on the phone so it might count as a camera.

So I think it is not clear at all. Just wait and see.
Hmmmm, interesting.

My Tello box does have this CE label. However I am more than sure you are not referring to that.

If you want I can a picture once I am home

And I guess we should indeed wait for 2021 for an answer

happy holidays!!! :D

I would like to offer some advice & post a related question at same time....

We use 2 tellos at home & race them around the house setting courses room to room , under & over tables etc. Use Tello FPV app, Gamesir Td1s & Samsung J1 phones both clipped to Td1s or in VRBox 2 goggles.

Absolutely SUPER fun. both daughters are totally hooked & wife is cowering in corner with a drone blinking at her from 15cm away. What more could you want ?

BUT the only way we can make indoor flight work without smashing into stuff all the time is to go into Controller Tuning & change all Rate & Expo settings for both Video & Sport Mode to about 40%. Works really well but a PITA as when then fly outside you need 100% rate so need to retune controller each time.

Would be nice to be able to lock drone in one mode - especially Video whereas from what I can tell - as soon as you hold full stick for a second or so it flips to Sport mode regardless of what you have set at. Then I could have mild tunings for Video mode & aggressive tuning for Sport and just leav them

Is there any way to lock mode ?

Reactions: Fari
Hello everyone :)

I am living in Poland, but I am not polish, so finding info about this it’s a bit complicated for me :D

I recently bought a Tello and I want to fly in inside my flat to train and because it’s my new toy!!! I wanted a drone for like 4 years... hehehe, anyway. My main concern it’s that I live kind of like 10-13km away from the airport and was wondering if I wouldn’t have any issues at all if I would fly my Tello inside my house... I know it sounds like an stupid question since it’s my property... but you can never be too sure wise people always say :D.

I am aware I might not receive a concrete answer from a polish person, but I wouldn’t mind reading how this scenario would apply in the country you live.

Thanks for your time and have a lovely day :D

TELLO POWAAAH!
Look at this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv