Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Flying without propellers protection

thiagopires00

Reaction score
Hey guys' i just got my dpi tello and i was wondering if you guys think it would make any difference if i take the propellers protection out to fly.
cheers

Sure. The drone will become less susceptible to wind, more agile and flight time will be a bit longer, but you also "gain" significantly bigger chance to damage on crash (I got one propeller broken in half so far, but there were reports of motors burned or torn out). My advice would be to use the guards for now, while gaining experience.

Reactions: Chuck Bridges
I had a Rc helicopter before so I knew what I was getting into. ( those things are very instable )
Tello is so easy to control which I knew from all reviews so I took the guards off once I unboxed it.

2 crashes so far, with props flying off once and flying into electric wires the second time at top speed which did leave a mark but all is still working fine.

I'd say the prop guards are to protect stuff while flying indoors.

I damaged my guards, when I got my tello hung up 40 feet up a tree....(ended up spending the night in the tree and at some point it blew out as it was on the ground in the morning waiting for me)...since then I've been flying without guards in and out.....I've had a couple contact crashes inside and so for no damage.

I've only had my tello a couple weeks, so not the most experienced, but at this point il keep guards off.

Cheers

As others, far more experienced with their Tello's than I have said, guards on indoors, optional off outdoors. Indoors, there is just too much to bump into. Outside, there would be less of the wind affecting flight.. In the end, it is a personal choice. Have fun flying all!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv