Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1 controller sleep mode (SOLVED)

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

Last weeks I flew my Tello using a Gamesir T1 controller. I use an USB cable for wired OTG connection. Flying experience is great, much better than using mobile touch screen controls.

But from time to time I'm suffering an annoying isue when Gamesir T1 entering "sleep mode" in the middle of a flight. All Gamesir leds get off (except four blue segments battery level indicator) and I lost control over Tello. I had to quickly unplug USB OTG cable to regain control of the aircraft into touch screen app. If I re-plug controller it works again.

At first I tought this issue was an app bug and reported this thread:

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

But after several test I start thinking is more a Hardware issue. It happend to me using other apps and games (no Tello flying apps). Even happens when Gamesir pluged into Windows PC computer.

Any other one using usb wired Gamesir T1 found a solution ?

Any idea is wellcome.

Thanks a lot.

See picture Gamesir T1 working ok:
gamesir t1 otg wired ok.jpg

Here Gamesir T1 entering sleep mode some minutes later:gamesir t1 otg wired sleep.jpg

Last edited:
I keep investigating and found four interesting videos from another users suffering similar Gamesir Controller disconnection isues. See here:

Gearbest: Gamesir G3s Gamepad on PC, Disconnection Issues

Gamesir G3s disconnecting from PC wirelessly

Gamesir G3s won't connect.

G3s to PS3 via USB cable

I have seen all videos and read every comments. At the end I compiled many answers that they suggest for Gamesir disconnection isue solving:

-Answer one: Reset controller
gamesir reset hole.jpg

just use the paperclip to press the reset botton on the back it work for me

Try putting a pin in the back for 10 seconds and unpair device. This happened to me on Android. Hope this helps

-Answer two: turn off keypad leds (pressing L1 + R1 + R2 for five seconds worked for me)
gamesir controller keypad leds.jpg
Try to play without lighting button. For me worked... :D:D

Sir i have the same problem with g3s and i find a a solution, trys turn off the leds. Its work fine for me. I hope it work for you too. GL

Sir i have the same problem with g3s and i find a a solution, trys turn off the leds. Its work fine for me. I hope it work for you too. GL

-Answer three: update controller firmware
gamesir t1 firmware upgrade happy chick.jpg
In Happy Chick, it appears you can update the firmware to GameSir controllers under gamepad settings but I can never get it to work
Well, there's a controller icon in the upper right corner of the main app screen. Go there, and after connecting your gamepad select upgrade option.

-Answer four: Turn on controller BEFORE connecting Usb Otg phone wire.
gamesir powered on before plugging usb otg.jpg

I'll try to prove all four answers and keep you informed

cheers.

Last edited:
I am glad to announce you Gamesir Sleep mode issue is solved.

After many hours of hard test I can confirm my Gamesir T1 is not entering sleeping mode anymore

I performed every advices of my previous post and they WORKED. I performed a firmware update and a system reset. Before each flight I turn on Gamesir controller previous plug in into mobile phone and of course I turn off keypad lights. I suspect that this last step is the key, but I'm not sure at all.

By the way, also change the Android Mode by starting Gamesir controller using buttons HOME + B instead HOME + A, as indicated here:

Gamesir T1 android two modes A and B.jpg

I hope it helps.

Now I can enjoy my flights a lot. Flying safer using a phisical sticks is amazing. Much better than mobile touch screen. You shoud try it.

Raul

Last edited:
Great work mate! Very detailed work. It’s always very satisfying when you work out a solution to an actual problem instead of just the symptoms. Well done!

+1 for using a stick controller with the tello - waaaaay better!

Cheers,

Ph2t.

Reactions: Bob Suval

After many hours of hard test I can confirm my Gamesir T1 is not entering sleeping mode anymore

I performed every advices of my previous post and they WORKED. I performed a firmware update and a system reset. Before each flight I turn on Gamesir controller previous plug in into mobile phone and of course I turn off keypad lights. I suspect that this last step is the key, but I'm not sure at all.

By the way, also change the Android Mode by starting Gamesir controller using buttons HOME + B instead HOME + A, as indicated here:

View attachment 1919

I hope it helps.

Now I can enjoy my flights a lot. Flying safer using a phisical sticks is amazing. Much better than mobile touch screen. You shoud try it.

Raul
Hi, thanks for that work.
Could you explain how to update the firmware please ? What is the app to use and how to do ?

I have a T1S gamepad and i see nothing for firmware update in the gamesir world app, only gamepad tester...

Thank you

Great work mate! Very detailed work. It’s always very satisfying when you work out a solution to an actual problem instead of just the symptoms. Well done!

+1 for using a stick controller with the tello - waaaaay better!

Cheers,

Ph2t.

Thanks very much. I appreciate your kind words. :giggle:

I learned a lot about this hobby reading post from others. Here and into another forums. I think the best way to thank them is to share my own experiences with all of you.

I hope that my contributions were useful.

Cheers

Reactions: Bob Suval
Hi, thanks for that work.
Could you explain how to update the firmware please ? What is the app to use and how to do ?

I have a T1S gamepad and i see nothing for firmware update in the gamesir world app, only gamepad tester...

Thank you

I installed Android app 'Happy Chick'. It's a game emulator you can't find into Google Play Store. You should install apk file from Gamesir site. Enter app, push a controller icon in the upper right corner of the main app screen. Go there, and after connecting your gamepad select upgrade option.

gamesir t1 firmware upgrade happy chick.jpg

I followed this directions:
Good luck !

Thank you for your help.
I installed Happy Chick (it wasn't available on play store but from their website) and plugged my T1S. The app detects it but when i try an upgrade, it ask to to check the gamesir and then no version firmware is detected. There is message "The handle is not supported"...

Last edited:
Thank you for your help.
I installed Happy Chick (it wasn't available on play store but from their website) and plugged my T1S. The app detects it but when i try an upgrade, it ask to to check the gamesir and then no version firmware is detected. There is message "The handle is not supported"...

I'm sorry I can not help you. :confused:

Sorry, but which One is the home Button?????

Home button is the on/off push button in the back of the controller.

When intructions say "press B and HOME button simultaeously" it means switch on controller while pressing B button.

I hope it helps.

@raulvolador Thanks for that thread with nice info, will save me lot of headache.
Just starting with my Tello and always better to have such knowledge in advance. Sounds like I ordered the wrong controller T1d with no way to OTG but T1s is on its way, will use it for master/slave config. Thanks again and happy fly.

I want to buy this T1S again after seeing this post .... some time ago I had this annoying problem and not finding solutions I made a return .. do you confirm that ota you can fly safely with this procedure?
as always thanks Raul.

I want to buy this T1S again after seeing this post .... some time ago I had this annoying problem and not finding solutions I made a return .. do you confirm that ota you can fly safely with this procedure?
as always thanks Raul.

Prodedure works, but be aware I am talking about Gamesir T1 not Gamesir T1S.

Best regards

View attachment 1919

I hope it helps.

Raul
Hola @raulvolador. Ahora recibi el Gamesir G4s (segun la comparacion de manuales parece ser el T1s con otra cosmetica). Lo reconocio la app Estoy por probarlo cuando pare el furioso viento que tenemos desde hace una semana. Mi pregunta respecto al controlador entrando en sleep mode, como se manifestaba el problema? Cada cuanto tiempo? Siempre de lo usabas? Saludos y disfruta tu MMini (veo tus videos!).

Hi @raulvolador. Now I received the Gamesir G4s (according to the comparison of manuals it seems to be the T1s with another cosmetic). The app recognized it. I'm about to test it when the furious wind that we've had for a week stops. My question regarding the controller going into sleep mode, how did the problem manifest itself? How often? Did happen every time you used it? Greetings and enjoy your MMini (I watch your videos!).

I didn't really like my experience with the gamesir t1s ... tello in flight and took some pictures, after a while the t1s went into standby and the tello kept going on its own without control from the t1s .. I recovered the drone via the app. I did everything you read here on the forum but to no avail. I have not done any further tests because I have made a return of the t1s.
now i will try the parrot flypad controller.

Hola @raulvolador. Ahora recibi el Gamesir G4s (segun la comparacion de manuales parece ser el T1s con otra cosmetica). Lo reconocio la app Estoy por probarlo cuando pare el furioso viento que tenemos desde hace una semana. Mi pregunta respecto al controlador entrando en sleep mode, como se manifestaba el problema? Cada cuanto tiempo? Siempre de lo usabas? Saludos y disfruta tu MMini (veo tus videos!).

Hi @raulvolador. Now I received the Gamesir G4s (according to the comparison of manuals it seems to be the T1s with another cosmetic). The app recognized it. I'm about to test it when the furious wind that we've had for a week stops. My question regarding the controller going into sleep mode, how did the problem manifest itself? How often? Did happen every time you used it? Greetings and enjoy your MMini (I watch your videos!).
It depends...sometimes didnt happend

does anyone use gamesir t1s successfully with TelloFPV without the standby problem?

Me. Using my T1S, with OTG and Wireless dongle everything is fine out of the box. I recently had a problem with standby mode while connected to a tablet through bluetooth but that was resolved by using the reset button in the back. I also recently ordered a second one because I wanted a spare. This is my supplier: (Gamesir T1S Wired Wireless Bluetooth GamePad Controller For PC PS3 Android Phone | eBay)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv