Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

GameSir T1d controller

Just got a T1d a couple days ago. No issues pairing with my Nexus 6p, but even with the Xiaomi repeater, video is still super choppy and lots of frame skipping. Not nearly as much frame skipping when using just the phone to control with onscreen sticks. Really bummed about that.
Because of Bluetooth.

There are various threads on the GameSir so it may be good for the moderator/s to set up a sub forum for controllers .....

Anyway, got my GameSir T1d here in the UK and the site I bought it from said for the Tello which made me feel good but now it does not make me feel so good as I now realise it is 'only' for the Tello ;). No big deal really as I have quite a few full size radio controllers but I did think it might be useful to have a game type one.

Had the problems that others report with getting it to work. The instructions say the app will recognise it so I guess there are various versions for different hardware. The Tello app did not recognise it so I tried connecting it to the phone first only to get the "Couldn't pair with Gamesir T1d controller because of incorrect pin or passkey" message. So went back into the app and messed around a bit with the Bluetooth menu - going in and out and eventually it appeared. Oh yes, I also pressed the Pair button on the controller.

Have to say it transforms the flying so overall I am happy :)

Mine came up as Mode 2
I can't get a lot of things to work but am going to start a new thread for them and leave this for new users who struggle at first like I did.

Yesterday, I received my T1d from Newegg via the DJI marketplace store (ordered 4/18, received in the US 4/25 directly from DJI in China).

Works great with the Tello, but as other have noted, it does not pair outside the Tello app. I tried with 3 different Android devices (Pixel XL, Amazon Fire tablet, Nvidia Shield TV).

It's visible to my Pixel XL and Fire tablet, but when I select it to pair, it just stays on pairing for about a minute, then fails with an "invalid PIN or password" error.

I'm very frustrated myself, as the packaging of this product describes it as a bluetooth game controller. If that's not what it is, it's deceptive advertising and labelling.

I've opened a support conversation with Gamesir on this, and I'd encourage others to do the same. So far, they responded with 1 sentence to pair in the Tello app (without me saying anything about having a Tello).

I'm fairly sure this can be patched with a firmware update. If not, I'll probably be demanding a refund from Newegg/DJI as the product is not as described (a bluetooth game controller).

And to make matters worse, they shutdown all talk of supporting the Tello on the T1s, then when they've sold the crippled T1d like hot cakes, they bring support for the T1s, which has full game controller capability. Classic, deceptive bait and switch.

hi man, how was your experience with shield tv? i think it may be an amazing idea, im sorry about selling mine a couple montha ago now

I purchased tello and t1d separate not long after tello came out I use a galaxy note8 and never noticed a video lag. Before used galaxy note 4 slight lag if I had to many background programs running found out if clean cache regularly and shutdown unused apps has always worked great

Reactions: Garana
I purchased tello and t1d separate not long after tello came out I use a galaxy note8 and never noticed a video lag. Before used galaxy note 4 slight lag if I had to many background programs running found out if clean cache regularly and shutdown unused apps has always worked great
Looks like Samsung and iPhone are sure to work fine with Tello and Gamesir T1d all together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thepresentx