Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

GameSir T1d controller

I'm going to share my chat with DJI regarding the purchase of the GameSir T1d controller. I think it is self-explanatory as to why I am unhappy. I don't think I will ever buy from the DJI Store directly again.
Bottom line: If you order early you get the product much later than anyone who orders today. Pre-ordering is a disadvantage. You get "punished" for ordering early, which to their advantage lets them know how a product is being received. Unbelievable!!!

wKhYBVkeoWaAM8hRAAARcvxNevo123.png

Junrey
DJI Support

See more messages
  • wKhYBVkeo1OAIeMZAAAGiXIap-A980.png

DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge. Water damage is also covered! To learn more click HERE

• Hello my name is Junrey, very glad to help you! What can I do for you?

• Hi there! Thank you for contacting DJI Pre-sales support, My name is Junrey, how may i help you today?

• Hello Travis
  • visitor.png

I placed an order for the GameSir T1d 10 days ago. It has still not shipped. Yet online now your site says orders placed will ship the next day. Can you tell me why mine has not shipped?
  • 09:40

• I do understand your concern that your order has not yet delivered, and I do really apologize for the delayed.

• Can I have your order number so I can check further?
  • visitor.png

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• thanks
  • visitor.png

That is my order number.

• One moment please, i will check my resources and will be back as soon as possible.

• Thanks for patiently waiting!
  • visitor.png

Very very frustrating. Your online form does not show this product listed so I could not even write to you.
  • 09:42

• Now I understand and clearly provide you the reason why your order has not yet delivered.

• I hope you are aware that this item has a longer shipping time frame which will take 10-15 business days and you made an order on 18-04-15 @02:05:59.
  • 09:43
  • visitor.png

Does that mean I should cancel my order and order a new one today so it can ship tomorrow?????

• Nope, I would suggest not to cancel the order since we do follow on a first come first serve basis.
  • visitor.png

Should I cancel my order and re order from a U.S dealer?
  • 09:45
  • visitor.png

Please pass on to your manager that this policy is very frustrating for a customer. I can honestly say I will always try to avoid ordering from the DJI Store in the future. Customers talk and share their experiences and become very angry, frustrated with this policy. It is really bad.

• meaning to say, even our website changes its time frame and your order will be prioritized.
  • 09:46
  • visitor.png

I hope you understand my opinion. If I were to order today I would get it sooner. I am being punished for having ordred earlier.

• I perfectly understand your frustration right now and no worries this conversation is being monitored.

• we only followed our logistics schedule Travis.
  • 09:47

• I know how means this order to you, I wish I could extend my help to you in this matter.
  • visitor.png

You can still see that if I order today I get it sooner. If I order early like I did 10 days ago, I have to wait. There is no advantage to order soon. You do not ship according to when a customer pays for the product.

• Yes, I can definitely provide you the shipping information, But again your order will be prioritized, as we strictly followed first come first serve basis.
  • 09:48

• I hope you have more patience for your order
  • visitor.png

You are kind to listen but you really should share this conversation with your managers. DJI seems to constantly re-enforce their reputation for very poor customer service. This is a perfect example.

• Your order is expected to be processed for shipment on May 8, we'll send you an email to notify you about it and once it does, delivery usually takes 3-5 business days."

• We always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback. I'll pass what you've said onto our management team.
  • 09:51
  • visitor.png

I will look online for availability elsewhere and perhaps cancel the order. This is a ridiculous policy. ANyone with common sense can see how poor this policy is. Someone there really does not understand how to please customers. I thank you for being the recipient of my frustration. I am still shaking my head in disbelief. It is a small purchase item,unlike my Mavic purchase previously but it does illustrate the problem.
  • visitor.png

Thanks.

• I completely understand your point, frustration and I can't blame you for that Travis, I can only imagine how much disappointed you are right now.
  • 09:52

• And I have no means to help you out in this matter
  • visitor.png

Again, you are a good rep and I thank you for listening and trying. Have a good day, sir.
  • 09:53

• But if you will not find the same item for an earlier time frame, please don't cancel the order since it has already an expected date to ship.
  • visitor.png

Noted. Thanks.

• It is not necessarily to follow the logistics schedule as we will depend on the availability of that item to our designated warehouse. But once the item is ready and available for ship out you will get notified thru email.
  • visitor.png

OK

• Thanks for your kind patience and understanding Travis,
  • 09:54

• by the way, for now, are you using a mobile device as your controller, right?
  • visitor.png

Yes.

• great! so Im hoping that we can deliver your parcel ahead of time
  • 09:55
  • visitor.png

OK. Again. Great service from you. But your company really needs counsel on customer service. Thanks.

By the way, the original sale said shipping would be within 10 to 15 days. Today the rep told me (see above) he sees my shipping scheduled for May 8, which would be 24 days since I ordered on Apr. 14.

00:00/00:00

Last edited:
Here are two ads, one for NewEgg and the other the DJI Store itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-04-24 at 10.24.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-24 at 10.24.12 AM.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2018-04-24 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-24 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 13
Here are two ads, one for NewEgg and the other the DJI Store itself.
It often doesn't take much to placate customers, calm them down, ease their frustration, with logical explanations that are just not being expressed or allowed to be elaborated by its reps. In this case, I still have not heard a reasonable effort to explain how this can happen. Perhaps there is no measurement of the results of customer dissatisfaction by management. There is no measurement of the way a company's reputation spreads. Note how, when a company has a good reputation, it has a loyal following, repetitive business, even, at times, when their pricing is higher, due to confidence in that company.

FYI my T1d order (+ tello battery) placed on the 12th has just been dispatched.
Strangely enough the DHL tracking states London/UK as its origin (which could mean a fast EU delivery should the package actually be in the UK) ... the last DJI orders I have seen have always originated in China ...

It often doesn't take much to placate customers, calm them down, ease their frustration, with logical explanations that are just not being expressed or allowed to be elaborated by its reps. In this case, I still have not heard a reasonable effort to explain how this can happen. Perhaps there is no measurement of the results of customer dissatisfaction by management. There is no measurement of the way a company's reputation spreads. Note how, when a company has a good reputation, it has a loyal following, repetitive business, even, at times, when their pricing is higher, due to confidence in that company.

Now I have an update: I cancelled my order and placed a new order, wrote to three departments at DJI asking that they expedite my order under the circumstances, have received no response, but the new order which I placed hours ago is now shipped. No explanations. Guess it is just chaos inside their operation. Not sure.
Apr. 30 update: controller received. Yea!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-04-25 at 9.44.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-25 at 9.44.22 AM.png
    26 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just received my T1D today. I took me a while to understand that it can ONLY be connected when your phone is connected to the tello AND the tello app running.

The controller will not pair independently of the tello connection, so the Gamesir T1D CAN NOT be used as a game controller !

Besides this important limitation, when connected to my S7 android phone with tello connected and app running, it works great and using the controller is way more easy than the virtual joystick!

Hugh
What! it will definitely not work as a game controller!? I was looking at this as a gimmick that if it didn’t work well for the tello at least I had a controller that worked on games ? I probably won’t bother then as there’s other controllers that do both.

Reactions: paulmike3
Have not heard of any other controller that works with the Tello/Android phone combination.

Yesterday, I received my T1d from Newegg via the DJI marketplace store (ordered 4/18, received in the US 4/25 directly from DJI in China).

Works great with the Tello, but as other have noted, it does not pair outside the Tello app. I tried with 3 different Android devices (Pixel XL, Amazon Fire tablet, Nvidia Shield TV).

It's visible to my Pixel XL and Fire tablet, but when I select it to pair, it just stays on pairing for about a minute, then fails with an "invalid PIN or password" error.

I'm very frustrated myself, as the packaging of this product describes it as a bluetooth game controller. If that's not what it is, it's deceptive advertising and labelling.

I've opened a support conversation with Gamesir on this, and I'd encourage others to do the same. So far, they responded with 1 sentence to pair in the Tello app (without me saying anything about having a Tello).

I'm fairly sure this can be patched with a firmware update. If not, I'll probably be demanding a refund from Newegg/DJI as the product is not as described (a bluetooth game controller).

And to make matters worse, they shutdown all talk of supporting the Tello on the T1s, then when they've sold the crippled T1d like hot cakes, they bring support for the T1s, which has full game controller capability. Classic, deceptive bait and switch.

Somebody confirmed that Gamesir T1d didn't work as regular game controller. Is it so that Gamesir T1d controller is designed exclusively for DJI Tello and cannot be used with any other bluetooth compatible drone?
That very well may be the case, but neither the packaging nor documentation for the T1d says anything about the Tello. If it can literally only be used for 1 product, they should be plastering that all over packaging and documentation.

I can understand your anger about the T1d "GAME controller" only working with one drone, zero games, when advertised as a "GAME" controller which also works with the Tello. It would be so simple for GameSir to have advertised it accurately as a Tello drone controller only. When these companies are so careless they deserve the wrath of their customers. It's as if they shoot themselves in the foot, harming their own sales.

Reactions: paulmike3
If the T1d is still not recognized by the Tello App, you may delete the T1d controller or forget the device in the BT setting of your mobile. Connect the BT to reinstall the T1d again. If successful, you may select the Gamesir device from the Bluetooth Controller Settings in the Tello App.

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Just received my T1D today. I took me a while to understand that it can ONLY be connected when your phone is connected to the tello AND the tello app running.

The controller will not pair independently of the tello connection, so the Gamesir T1D CAN NOT be used as a game controller !

Besides this important limitation, when connected to my S7 android phone with tello connected and app running, it works great and using the controller is way more easy than the virtual joystick!

Hugh
That's what it says in the product description, under 'uses' --Tello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv