Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamevice for iPhone

Guorium

Reaction score
Have anyone used it? Got any input? Curious to find out some more info before I throw money into this quite pricey piece. Thanks!

Update: Nvm I found out it does not fit the phone if a case and glass protector is fitted. I do not want to reapply glass protector every time after a flight lol.

Last edited:
i have the gamevice for ipad pro 12.9" and it works awesome. literally nothing for me to do except attach it via the lightning port and launch my tello app bamo i'm flying! performs really well as far as i can tell. i don't think anything is programmable, unless you need an app or something.

i have the gamevice for ipad pro 12.9" and it works awesome. literally nothing for me to do except attach it via the lightning port and launch my tello app bamo i'm flying! performs really well as far as i can tell. i don't think anything is programmable, unless you need an app or something.
Thanks for the opinion man. I was actually curious about the iphone version which has a set of shorter sticks. But, do you have anything to say about precision maneuvers.

for precision, i notice that when i rotate by moving the left stick in what i think feels like directly left/right i will sometimes climb or descend ever so slowly. ive practiced more and indeed its pretty sensative or precise. i am at the point where i have the feel now to stay put and only rotate. there is a tiny bit of lag. the lag is the only thing that makes it feel different from say a halfway decent rc truck radio. at first i didnt notice the lag but after a couple flights trying to maneuver more deliberately around the house thats when i noticed it.

ps i am an average guy, newbie to drones but do have rc car experience. i still think the controller is easily an order of magnitude better than a phone or ipad only.

for precision, i notice that when i rotate by moving the left stick in what i think feels like directly left/right i will sometimes climb or descend ever so slowly. ive practiced more and indeed its pretty sensative or precise. i am at the point where i have the feel now to stay put and only rotate. there is a tiny bit of lag. the lag is the only thing that makes it feel different from say a halfway decent rc truck radio. at first i didnt notice the lag but after a couple flights trying to maneuver more deliberately around the house thats when i noticed it.

ps i am an average guy, newbie to drones but do have rc car experience. i still think the controller is easily an order of magnitude better than a phone or ipad only.
Thanks for the input mate. It is very valuable! I only discovered that for iphone with glass screen protector, the gamevice will not fit! It is such a bummer! I cannot use it after all! The lag is totally strange given it is a physical connection!? I have seen people opt for max portability and trained to master virtual sticks, they can have quite sick flight with virtual sticks somehow. IMO Ryze and Gamersir should totally update the firmware and app to allow OTG on more controllers. It is just stupid artificial limit right now that is pissing people off. I am using t1d and it is like BT connection and Tello flight only... How lame

I'm using the Gamesir T1 (as opposed to the T1d) with the aTelloPilot app. Wired connection vs. Bluetooth. No video lag. You can custom map your controller settings. Definitely the way to go in my opinion.

you're welcome. sorry it wont fit for you. i think the lag is from latency in the network connection. so i think they all have it.

I had thought that the T1S was the recommended Tello controller ? Is the T1D best for Android phones & the T1S for Apple, and what about the OTG cable ?
Advice please, I'm confused.
Thanks.
Bookworm

I had thought that the T1S was the recommended Tello controller ? Is the T1D best for Android phones & the T1S for Apple, and what about the OTG cable ?
Advice please, I'm confused.
Thanks.
Bookworm
both t1s and t1d work on android and ios. t1d is bluetooth only no matter what (for now). t1s can do OTG with aTelloPilot (a paid non-official app only available on android), otherwise you must use bluetooth connectivity like the t1d does.

Have anyone used it? Got any input? Curious to find out some more info before I throw money into this quite pricey piece. Thanks!

Update: Nvm I found out it does not fit the phone if a case and glass protector is fitted. I do not want to reapply glass protector every time after a flight lol.
Had the same problem fitting my iPhone X with glass protectors on both sides of the phone. Solved fit problem by loosening the four screw on each side of the Gamevice (8 screws total) just enough to allow the "thicker" iPhone to fit securely.

Reactions: Guorium

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv