Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Got ps4 controller working

Friendlytoad

Reaction score
Hey guys I was trying to get my ps4 controller to work on my Samsung a50 with no luck. The right joystick wouldn't work properly. I got a new phone the s9 and it works perfect now. So I can confirm the ps4 controller work for the tello. If it doesnt work most likely it's your phone.

strenear

Reaction score
I tried to connect my ps4 controller with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Wouldn't recongnise either bluetooth or USB otg. I understand that USB otg is best to preserve video bandwith - I may see if I can find a PS3 wired controller and give that a go. Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?

ZWActual

Reaction score
I tried to connect my ps4 controller with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Wouldn't recongnise either bluetooth or USB otg. I understand that USB otg is best to preserve video bandwith - I may see if I can find a PS3 wired controller and give that a go. Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?
Not familiar with Huawei's OS settings and if the Mate 20 is different than the Mate 20 Pro but check this link:

Otherwise, read through this thread and let's see if we can narrow down the issue:

umanbean

Reaction score
Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?
Before I decided on and bought my Gamesir T1s, a friend of my son's gave me a PS4 wireless controller to try. I remember it working with my Galaxy S5 and, IIRC, it worked with both OTG and BT. And it also worked with my Huawei M3 8.4 tablet, a 2015 Amazon Fire 7" tablet and an el cheapo 8" Nextbook tablet - all running the Tellofpv app.

The T1s is smoother and more responsive so I haven't used the PS4 in a long time - but after I got the T1s, he didn't want the PS4 back so I still have it.

So to sum it up, the PS4 controller works with everything I tried it with.

I just went out and got it from my shop and it's charging up right now... thought I might play with it some more and see what's up.

Reactions: ZWActual

Friendlytoad

Reaction score
I really like the ps4 controller. Its responsive and I got a clip that holds my phone. I have like 4 ps4 controllers so i like that I didnt have to pay extra. Now the last thing I need is a wifi repeater and I'm good to go.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afrestrepo