Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Got ps4 controller working

Friendlytoad

Reaction score
Hey guys I was trying to get my ps4 controller to work on my Samsung a50 with no luck. The right joystick wouldn't work properly. I got a new phone the s9 and it works perfect now. So I can confirm the ps4 controller work for the tello. If it doesnt work most likely it's your phone.

I tried to connect my ps4 controller with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Wouldn't recongnise either bluetooth or USB otg. I understand that USB otg is best to preserve video bandwith - I may see if I can find a PS3 wired controller and give that a go. Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?

I tried to connect my ps4 controller with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Wouldn't recongnise either bluetooth or USB otg. I understand that USB otg is best to preserve video bandwith - I may see if I can find a PS3 wired controller and give that a go. Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?

Not familiar with Huawei's OS settings and if the Mate 20 is different than the Mate 20 Pro but check this link:

Otherwise, read through this thread and let's see if we can narrow down the issue:

Does anyone have any relevant experience/ recommendations?
Before I decided on and bought my Gamesir T1s, a friend of my son's gave me a PS4 wireless controller to try. I remember it working with my Galaxy S5 and, IIRC, it worked with both OTG and BT. And it also worked with my Huawei M3 8.4 tablet, a 2015 Amazon Fire 7" tablet and an el cheapo 8" Nextbook tablet - all running the Tellofpv app.

The T1s is smoother and more responsive so I haven't used the PS4 in a long time - but after I got the T1s, he didn't want the PS4 back so I still have it.

So to sum it up, the PS4 controller works with everything I tried it with.

I just went out and got it from my shop and it's charging up right now... thought I might play with it some more and see what's up.

Reactions: ZWActual
I really like the ps4 controller. Its responsive and I got a clip that holds my phone. I have like 4 ps4 controllers so i like that I didnt have to pay extra. Now the last thing I need is a wifi repeater and I'm good to go.

Hi there. Do I need any specific app to use the ps4 controller with my iphone?

Before I decided on and bought my Gamesir T1s, a friend of my son's gave me a PS4 wireless controller to try. I remember it working with my Galaxy S5 and, IIRC, it worked with both OTG and BT. And it also worked with my Huawei M3 8.4 tablet, a 2015 Amazon Fire 7" tablet and an el cheapo 8" Nextbook tablet - all running the Tellofpv app.

The T1s is smoother and more responsive so I haven't used the PS4 in a long time - but after I got the T1s, he didn't want the PS4 back so I still have it.

So to sum it up, the PS4 controller works with everything I tried it with.

I just went out and got it from my shop and it's charging up right now... thought I might play with it some more and see what's up.
hi....
Have you tried pairing it with an iPhone...?

ps4 works on my huawei y6p using tellofpv, works as a 2nd controller but it affects video capture so much im not using it, anyone confirm that otg works?

If octopus works tellofpv should work, too.
Connect the controller, open tellofpv controller menu and select the controller as student. Then you will have to map sticks and buttons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv