Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Hello and plea for help

High View

Reaction score
My main interest is photography. For that I use a P3P or a Mavic Pro. I use the Tello to improve my flying skills.

I am flying my Tello with the Gamesir T1d with a BT connection to a Samsung S6. I would like to add VR goggles. I’m trying to get the Appologics DroneVR app to work with my set up. This app requires me to map the controller keys/toggles to it. However, I don’t see a way to view both the controller screen and the DroneVR app at the same time. In fact, I have been unable to get the Tello app and the VR app running at the same time.

Does anyone have this combination working? If so, what was the procedure you used?

If you fly with the T1D, why not use the VR built into the Tello app.

Also, there is a new Tello app being developed right this moment that will include VR. You can test it out now, but VR will come in early 2019.

Reactions: High View
My main interest is photography. For that I use a P3P or a Mavic Pro. I use the Tello to improve my flying skills.

I am flying my Tello with the Gamesir T1d with a BT connection to a Samsung S6. I would like to add VR goggles. I’m trying to get the Appologics DroneVR app to work with my set up. This app requires me to map the controller keys/toggles to it. However, I don’t see a way to view both the controller screen and the DroneVR app at the same time. In fact, I have been unable to get the Tello app and the VR app running at the same time.

Does anyone have this combination working? If so, what was the procedure you used?
Drone VR does not work with T1D. I have the same issue. The new APP: "TelloFPV" will be released soon and is set to have VR soon after Christmas. This is going to be the way to go for sure. It will work with T1D

Reactions: High View
If you fly with the T1D, why not use the VR built into the Tello app.

Also, there is a new Tello app being developed right this moment that will include VR. You can test it out now, but VR will come in early 2019.

Thanks for the response. I’ll try the TelloFPV app when it supports FPV.
Ansia,
The VR connection on the Tello app shows the image – about 90% with the Zeiss VR One Plus. I can see wifi and battery strength if I slide the phone around. It does not show any telemetry. Or, have I not set up correctly? The DroneVR app does show some telemetry.
Xcrost,
The Appologics faq mentions that they have not tested the T1D but goes on to say that if BT works there should be no problem.

Thanks for the response. I’ll try the TelloFPV app when it supports FPV.
Ansia,
The VR connection on the Tello app shows the image – about 90% with the Zeiss VR One Plus. I can see wifi and battery strength if I slide the phone around. It does not show any telemetry. Or, have I not set up correctly? The DroneVR app does show some telemetry.
Xcrost,
The Appologics faq mentions that they have not tested the T1D but goes on to say that if BT works there should be no problem.
"Not" tested is the key word I think. From what I have read, it simply doesn't work. I don't know why the developers for DroneVR did not make it compatible with the original controller for the Tello. I sent them a couple of requests for info and received no reply. What a relief to hear about TelloFPV. I am in Beta testing now and it is working wonderfully! Especially with the T1D. The developer is truly interested in making the best app possible for Tello I think. Very impressive to say the least and he is making video quality and VR a priority.

"Not" tested is the key word I think. From what I have read, it simply doesn't work. I don't know why the developers for DroneVR did not make it compatible with the original controller for the Tello. I sent them a couple of requests for info and received no reply. What a relief to hear about TelloFPV. I am in Beta testing now and it is working wonderfully! Especially with the T1D. The developer is truly interested in making the best app possible for Tello I think. Very impressive to say the least and he is making video quality and VR a priority.
Thanks for the compliments regarding TelloFPV :)

Why they don't support the T1d: Because not all controller were created equal.
There are controllers that follow standards. These are recognized by Android and made available as InputDevice so they work with all kind of apps.

And there are controllers created to someones proprietary ideas that don't work with anything unless the developer either a) embeds their special SDK (and possible pay royalty) or b) reverse-engineers the protocol.
Gamesir T1d falls into the later categroy.

I tried a) but Gamesir would not even talk to me. So I did b).
Exactly the same story is true for the Parrot Flypad. You have to get into the ugly details of their BLE protocol to make it work.

Reactions: xcrost
Thanks for the compliments regarding TelloFPV :)

Why they don't support the T1d: Because not all controller were created equal.
There are controllers that follow standards. These are recognized by Android and made available as InputDevice so they work with all kind of apps.

And there are controllers created to someones proprietary ideas that don't work with anything unless the developer either a) embeds their special SDK (and possible pay royalty) or b) reverse-engineers the protocol.
Gamesir T1d falls into the later categroy.

I tried a) but Gamesir would not even talk to me. So I did b).
Exactly the same story is true for the Parrot Flypad. You have to get into the ugly details of their BLE protocol to make it work.
Necessity is the mother of invention! I'm so glad you took the extra time/effort to make it compatible. I do intend to switch to OTG soon. Then I will have a $30 paperweight. (unless you can re-do the hardware/firmware on the TD1. I wouldn't put it past you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv