Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Help me find Tello lost: lost connection during snow storm...

fabrizioreina

Reaction score
HI, I was flying tello with a mild wind while snowing.
I lost connection and my tellofpv app shut down.
Tello was 1 meter high and 50 m away on the crest of a low hill (5-6 m higher than me). When i lost connection I was not able to see it anymore because it was behind the mini-hill. What should I suppose to happen? Does it immediately try to land? Does it hover and keep position? Does it hower but is moved by wind until it crash against any obstacle? does it hower until the battery dry out? Can it land on snow or the white surface make it hard lo land? We searched immediately a 100 m radius around the last position but we couldn't find it. It should be light enough to stay over the snow when it land on it... doesn't it?
thankyou for the help

Uh, sad thing. I guess it was a XMas drone

Wifi does not go though a hill even if small so a connection loss had to happen. After connection loss Tello can only do what the firmware tells it to do.

Tello will hover for 50seconds, then descend down to 40cm / knee level. There it will stay until it runs out of juice and then land smoothly.
But... When hovering low it has extremely reduced attitude angles, so it can not fight any wind. It will drift with the wind and adjust it's height to keep the 40cm above ground, following the hill.
So it can drift with the wind for minutes.

Lots of area to search

Uh, sad thing. I guess it was a XMas drone

Wifi does not go though a hill even if small so a connection loss had to happen. After connection loss Tello can only do what the firmware tells it to do.

Tello will hover for 50seconds, then descend down to 40cm / knee level. There it will stay until it runs out of juice and then land smoothly.
But... When hovering low it has extremely reduced attitude angles, so it can not fight any wind. It will drift with the wind and adjust it's height to keep the 40cm above ground, following the hill.
So it can drift with the wind for minutes.

Lots of area to search
Thankyou for your reply. Ome more question: during it's first hovering, will it keep position or will it drift with wind?

it will hover in place - as long as VPS hasn't switched itself off (which can happen in snow)

Just a crazy idea:
Get the map ( Googlemap) of the area where you where , pinpoint the area where the lost happened, get wind data of the location, calculate direction/speed and time table for the subsequent 10 min and search ther....I know it sounds crazy, but since you have tiem...

Tello was 1 meter high and 50 m away on the crest of a low hill (5-6 m higher than me). When i lost connection I was not able to see it anymore because it was behind the mini-hill. What should I suppose to happen? Does it immediately try to land? Does it hover and keep position? Does it hower but is moved by wind until it crash against any obstacle? does it hower until the battery dry out? Can it land on snow or the white surface make it hard lo land? We searched immediately a 100 m radius around the last position but we couldn't find it. It should be light enough to stay over the snow when it land on it... doesn't it?
thankyou for the help

thankyou for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv