Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Thank You "Auto Landing", Now I Lost My Tello

volate!lo

This is awesome V! This was on my wish list but didn't think it was possible. You have done it again! TelloFPV rocks!
Anyway to add some type of audible alert when auto land is activated??..Then deactivated?
Yes. But that will actually be more complex than the function itself so low prio.

That is awesome!

It'd be cool to trigger a auto-RTH instead... Is that even a possibility with the Tello's SDK?

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
TelloFpv is based on the reverse engineering of the protocol and not the SDK. Tello SDK is a completely different thing and does not include support for something like TelloFpv.

I'm not a fan of auto triggering RTH: It does more bad than good in many situations: Flying indoor and your battery gets low. Auto RTH will just fly straight towards home, crashing into the next wall. Or while circling a tree Wifi goes below threshold when just on the other side and auto RTH crashes Tello into the tree.

tello_ar

I'm not a fan of auto triggering RTH: It does more bad than good in many situations: Flying indoor and your battery gets low. Auto RTH will just fly straight towards home, crashing into the next wall. Or while circling a tree Wifi goes below threshold when just on the other side and auto RTH crashes Tello into the tree.
Yes, that is definitely not a good idea! Agreed!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

I would go for tello anyday again. The Spark is not a substitute for Tello and vice versa. It is small & light, pretty quiet and safe.
When it autolands I like the feature that it hovers above the ground until the battery runs out. In this case I can find it by sound above the grass, If I landed good luck in some cases :) sad to hear the watergate problem.
I agree about the Spark and Tello; I have both, and I bought the Tello specifically for flying inside and letting my daughter fly as well. It's the perfect little drone for indoors, where I wouldn't want to risk flying the Spark which is much more powerful. The Spark is fantastic, and really good at what it does. They complement each other well...they are both very good at what they were built for.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nakanishi