Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Issues Taking Off

russticle

Reaction score
Website
www.russevans.me
All, I ran my tello into a wall inside, not going fast. It crashed, and then wouldn't take off. It would kind of flop over if you will.

I got the nav error and looked into it online. I ran the Calibration, and even after that it still wouldn't take off. I did notice that the side it flops to, the optical sensor underneath is not lit red like the other one. Are both supposed to be lit red (IR) ? Does it sound like i got myself a broken tell, only after 4 flights!?

Thanks!

Did you by any chance happen to replace the props if you did make sure the props are on the right motor.

Did you by any chance happen to replace the props if you did make sure the props are on the right motor.
This was it. When i did the calibration, i took the props off. I then put them on wrong.

Once i looked in the manual and saw the little raised line on the plastic for the landing gear props all was good! Back in action.

This was it. When i did the calibration, i took the props off. I then put them on wrong.

Once i looked in the manual and saw the little raised line on the plastic for the landing gear props all was good! Back in action.
Nobody reads the manual before they use the product hahaha

I perform the IMU calibration without removing propellers and protections ... just have a leveled floor closed as "the box with 90 ° walls has never had problems with the IMU in this way". Just keep the Tello level in the calibration steps.

I perform the IMU calibration without removing propellers and protections ... just have a leveled floor closed as "the box with 90 ° walls has never had problems with the IMU in this way". Just keep the Tello level in the calibration steps.
In fact with props off the tello isnt level in 4/6 sides you set it on.

All, I ran my tello into a wall inside, not going fast. It crashed, and then wouldn't take off. It would kind of flop over if you will.

I got the nav error and looked into it online. I ran the Calibration, and even after that it still wouldn't take off. I did notice that the side it flops to, the optical sensor underneath is not lit red like the other one. Are both supposed to be lit red (IR) ? Does it sound like i got myself a broken tell, only after 4 flights!?

Thanks!
Yup... Props with marking must match the right motor with mark... Need to take out the prop guard before you can see the markers on the motor.

In fact with props off the tello isnt level in 4/6 sides you set it on.

The drone is leveled even without removing propellers and protections.
And the IMU calibration is always successful.

Attachments

• 20190131_133814.jpg
    20190131_133814.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20190131_134111.jpg
    20190131_134111.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 10
The drone is leveled even without removing propellers and protections.
And the IMU calibration is always successful.
Yeah yeah that is good but what i say is the instruction wants the surface to be level. Tello with guards and props removed can’t be level to the surface when standing on its sides. So it doesn’t really care if the drone is (perfectly) level to the table

Reactions: Flydrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv