Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

It's a miracle: my "dead" first Tello came back to life!

daisy-girl

Reaction score
I decided to run through the six steps of IMU calibration still once again. This time, for reasons unknown, I was able to complete the process.

Next, I was careful to replace the propellers correctly -- marked with marked landing gear, unmarked with unmarked.

Then, I selected the higher resolution camera setting as in the past, but this time I did NOT select the 8mbps video resolution setting. Instead, I left it at Auto.

Upon launching, I noted the aircraft immediately drifted to the left, so I let it hover and went through the procedure for calibrating the center of gravity that I learned from another member.

Next, I flew forward and hovered in front of an open window though which one can observe passing traffic below that is moving parallel to the window.

Here is what I noted from the video that I wish I could upload here:

1) at between 2-3 meters above a carpet that has a design, Tello hovered essentially in place but seemed to be fighting the wind despite there was none inside the room -- that was when a yellow warning popped up stating that Tello was experiencing interference with the WiFi signal
2) unlike in the past, I noted ZERO LAG as the cars below moved past in directions parallel to the window

In short, Happy Days Are Here Again :cool:

I decided to run through the six steps of IMU calibration still once again. This time, for reasons unknown, I was able to complete the process.

Next, I was careful to replace the propellers correctly -- marked with marked landing gear, unmarked with unmarked.

Then, I selected the higher resolution camera setting as in the past, but this time I did NOT select the 8mbps video resolution setting. Instead, I left it at Auto.

Upon launching, I noted the aircraft immediately drifted to the left, so I let it hover and went through the procedure for calibrating the center of gravity that I learned from another member.

Next, I flew forward and hovered in front of an open window though which one can observe passing traffic below that is moving parallel to the window.

Here is what I noted from the video that I wish I could upload here:

1) at between 2-3 meters above a carpet that has a design, Tello hovered essentially in place but seemed to be fighting the wind despite there was none inside the room -- that was when a yellow warning popped up stating that Tello was experiencing interference with the WiFi signal
2) unlike in the past, I noted ZERO LAG as the cars below moved past in directions parallel to the window

In short, Happy Days Are Here Again :cool:
Zero lag as controller signal to Tello or video lag? While I'm flying FPV, the video lag seems to be about 1-2 seconds, making it a bit difficult to navigate. I have to navigate the Tello, wait a second or two for the lag to catch up, before proceeding to next move. So you found a way of avoiding this lag?

I selected the higher resolution camera setting as in the past, but this time I did NOT select the 8mbps video resolution setting. Instead, I left it at Auto.
I left mine in auto too. Still very jumpy video feed.

I left mine in auto too. Still very jumpy video feed.

Do you have Blue Tooth activated?

Note that the GameVice RCs that DJI's Store offers are connected to iOS devices by lightning cable, not by Blue Tooth.

DJI's Store doesn't yet offer any for android.

. . .

Question: What is the "procedure for calibrating the center of gravity" for the Tello?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv