Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Just bought a Tello

Tom 19941

Reaction score
Just bought a Tello. I wanted a drone I could fly indoors to hone flying skills when outdoor environment isn't an option. Got to say this little drone is so much fun! I have a Mavic Pro, but not a good platform for flying indoors. The Tello is so friggin cute, however, the virtual controlls in the app is a bit quirky. I tried the Gamesir T1(recommended), but could not control the Tello via that devise. Heard that Gamesir has a new controller (T1d) that will work with the Tello. Does anyone know the release date?

Just got my Tello delivered a few minutes ago. Busy charging battery, and then will try it out. We are having a lot of rain for the weekend, so this like guy is going to be perfect for indoors fun.

Hold on, did anyone notice the back of the box the Tello came in? On the bottom left, there is a pix of the accessories, INCLUDING a controller which is a Gamesir T1 or T1s. And the Gamesir makes a cameo appearance in the Ryze video. Is this....false advertising?

Reactions: tel__2
Hold on, did anyone notice the back of the box the Tello came in? On the bottom left, there is a pix of the accessories, INCLUDING a controller which is a Gamesir T1 or T1s. And the Gamesir makes a cameo appearance in the Ryze video. Is this....false advertising?
Yes, i would agree. That is how i bought my T1s, from what they have advertised. Now it is just a paperweight, because i am not a gamer to use it for anything else. Very frustrating :(

Yes, i would agree. That is how i bought my T1s, from what they have advertised. Now it is just a paperweight, because i am not a gamer to use it for anything else. Very frustrating :(
Don't give up on that controller just yet. There may be a firmware update that will allow the Tello and Gamesir integration (wishful thinking?)

Just bought a Tello. I wanted a drone I could fly indoors to hone flying skills when outdoor environment isn't an option. Got to say this little drone is so much fun! I have a Mavic Pro, but not a good platform for flying indoors. The Tello is so friggin cute, however, the virtual controlls in the app is a bit quirky. I tried the Gamesir T1(recommended), but could not control the Tello via that devise. Heard that Gamesir has a new controller (T1d) that will work with the Tello. Does anyone know the release date?

The place to watch for the GameSir T1d is the DJI Store online. They will post it for sale there first, as well as extra batteries. Very odd how this is rolling out. I suspect they need every battery made for the new drones being bought up. It is a big hit, very popular. There are aftermarket batteries but I wouldn't use one, yet. It appears Apple phones work with one controller now. It is Android users that have to wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode