Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Loss of video stabilisation after taking photo

Guorium

Reaction score
This problem is clearly part of the firmware. No service they can do will change that. Only a firmware update can, but customer service is clueless.
Service people only rally info to and back from software engineers... they are meant to be clueless

volate!lo

Reaction score
Service people only rally info to and back from software engineers... they are meant to be clueless
It is actually very unlikely that a customer service agent actually has access to the developers, or can pass info back and forth.
These folks are often smart talkers, but at the end they only follow simple decision trees. They may grant a RMA if the decision tree leads them down a certain path, but thats it.

Sage

Reaction score
Emails are going back and forth... I requested to return to place of purchase for a replacement. ryze only does ups ground shipping which is 7 days to CA. thats 3 weeks without my tello again... btw tello with tellofpv is a great setup otherwise.

Sage

Reaction score
update: Guys please check your tello's, after taking a photo tello looses EIS until I turn it off and back on. My place of purchase did an even exchange and right out of the box EIS malfunctioned after taking the 2nd photo. I'm 99% convinced it's a firmware bug.

Guorium

Reaction score
update: Guys please check your tello's, after taking a photo tello looses EIS until I turn it off and back on. My place of purchase did an even exchange and right out of the box EIS malfunctioned after taking the 2nd photo. I'm 99% convinced it's a firmware bug.
I can test later again but I tested for you before and mine is stable after photo.

volate!lo

Reaction score
I can test later again but I tested for you before and mine is stable after photo.
Mine has this after a handful photos. The first one or two are typically OK, and then the problems start. First noticed this when developing the panorama autopilot doing tons of photos

Guorium

Reaction score
Mine has this after a handful photos. The first one or two are typically OK, and then the problems start. First noticed this when developing the panorama autopilot doing tons of photos
Ok let me try more photos later. I did only one.

@volate!lo this time i shoot only one until the issue surfaced. Omg you guys cursed my tello! Jokes. Yeah it could be intermittent as I did not notice that before. It seems that only switching tello off could rectify the issue temporarily. A fireware bug huh... Not too bad. Hopefully ryze updates fw soon. It had been a while.

Last edited:

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't notice annoying Lost-of-Stabilisation-issue-after-taking-photo into my Tello. I reviewed last months recordings and realized maximum number of photos took into a single flight were six. After photo taken I come back to video mode getting perfect stabilized image.

Maybe it's an intermittent issue as @Guorium said.

By the way, my Tello is updated to last firmware release.

Raul.

Reactions: Guorium

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCreasey