Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Loss of video stabilisation after taking photo

This problem is clearly part of the firmware. No service they can do will change that. Only a firmware update can, but customer service is clueless.
Service people only rally info to and back from software engineers... they are meant to be clueless

Service people only rally info to and back from software engineers... they are meant to be clueless
It is actually very unlikely that a customer service agent actually has access to the developers, or can pass info back and forth.
These folks are often smart talkers, but at the end they only follow simple decision trees. They may grant a RMA if the decision tree leads them down a certain path, but thats it.

Emails are going back and forth... I requested to return to place of purchase for a replacement. ryze only does ups ground shipping which is 7 days to CA. thats 3 weeks without my tello again... btw tello with tellofpv is a great setup otherwise.

update: Guys please check your tello's, after taking a photo tello looses EIS until I turn it off and back on. My place of purchase did an even exchange and right out of the box EIS malfunctioned after taking the 2nd photo. I'm 99% convinced it's a firmware bug.

update: Guys please check your tello's, after taking a photo tello looses EIS until I turn it off and back on. My place of purchase did an even exchange and right out of the box EIS malfunctioned after taking the 2nd photo. I'm 99% convinced it's a firmware bug.
I can test later again but I tested for you before and mine is stable after photo.

I can test later again but I tested for you before and mine is stable after photo.
Mine has this after a handful photos. The first one or two are typically OK, and then the problems start. First noticed this when developing the panorama autopilot doing tons of photos

Mine has this after a handful photos. The first one or two are typically OK, and then the problems start. First noticed this when developing the panorama autopilot doing tons of photos
Ok let me try more photos later. I did only one.

@volate!lo this time i shoot only one until the issue surfaced. Omg you guys cursed my tello! Jokes. Yeah it could be intermittent as I did not notice that before. It seems that only switching tello off could rectify the issue temporarily. A fireware bug huh... Not too bad. Hopefully ryze updates fw soon. It had been a while.

Last edited:
Hi,

I haven't notice annoying Lost-of-Stabilisation-issue-after-taking-photo into my Tello. I reviewed last months recordings and realized maximum number of photos took into a single flight were six. After photo taken I come back to video mode getting perfect stabilized image.

Maybe it's an intermittent issue as @Guorium said.

By the way, my Tello is updated to last firmware release.

Raul.

Reactions: Guorium
Hum, it seems I have the same problem. Video very shaky all of a sudden. Has anyone made any sense of this ?

Hum, it seems I have the same problem. Video very shaky all of a sudden. Has anyone made any sense of this ?
Firmware bug, no way to fix.

But it seems to be a way to get a new Tello from Ryze:
Complain about the problem, send it in and you get a new one (which does the same thing).

Firmware bug, no way to fix.

But it seems to be a way to get a new Tello from Ryze:
Complain about the problem, send it in and you get a new one (which does the same thing).
This is so funny. I thought they are smart enough to know replacement costs more than getting the engineer fix the firmware.

I’m experiencing the same things. The formerly steady video is really shaky to the point of being totally unacceptable...

i ran into the same problem 2023 btw, the camera became shaky after taking photo so what i tried first is imu and center gravity calibration but non of it works but i decided to redownload the latest firmware from the tello app and install it again to drone after is finished installing flew it again and tried taking photo the camera doesn't shake anymore after taking photos. Sorry for my bad english lol

what is your FW version? I have 01.04.91.01 which I believe is the latest and the problem still exists

what is your FW version? I have 01.04.91.01 which I believe is the latest and the problem still exists
my FW is 01.04.91.01 the drone is also 3 weeks old bought from philippines

Edit: proof that it never came back this is my 3rd flight without losing stabilisation:

Last edited:
Cool. Now why is that still a problem for me but not for you since we have the same FW?
Maybe the app does something different. Android or IOS?

Cool. Now why is that still a problem for me but not for you since we have the same FW?
Maybe the app does something different. Android or IOS?
im controlling the drone from ios as i dislike my android phone because of frameskipping. The drone started having this shaky problem when i crashed into a wall that battery detached out of the drone i was so scared that i messed up something lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv