Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Loss of video stabilisation after taking photo

Tellji

Reaction score
Hello all.
I may be raising a well known issue, but I cannot find any discussion of it on this forum.
For a while now I have wondered why, during a single Tello flight, I can start off with a very stable video image but later in the flight further video clips show a lot of shake. This has not been due to a change in weather conditions, such as a breeze starting up.
I have now come to the conclusion that it is because I have stopped recording (very stable) video and taken a few photos, then gone back into further (unstable) video recording.
The only way I have found to restore stable video is to land the Tello, switch it off and on, then take off again. This is as much a problem as waiting to take photos only after I have taken all the video that I want.
Does anyone else experience this?
Is it a well known problem?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Reactions: Guorium and xcrost
Last edited:
Reactions: Guorium and xcrost
Thanks for that reply.
I can confirm that both the app (on my iPhone X) and the drone firmware are updated to the latest versions.

Thanks for that reply.
I can confirm that both the app (on my iPhone X) and the drone firmware are updated to the latest versions.
Ok. Have you tried tips from previus post ?

a workaround might be possible here more elegantly switching to fast and back to slow in an easier way

Hopefully we can find a fix. As others have noted putting the image quality at high from time to time does indeed turn off stabilization for video video.

Reactions: xcrost
Hi again.
Thanks for your reply.
I have not yet tried anything from the posts you mention - but I will do.
Unfortunately I am starting a four week course of radiotherapy tomorrow, so it could be some time before I can get round to it. Something to look forward to though!
Thanks again.

Reactions: xcrost
Hi again.
Thanks for your reply.
I have not yet tried anything from the posts you mention - but I will do.
Unfortunately I am starting a four week course of radiotherapy tomorrow, so it could be some time before I can get round to it. Something to look forward to though!
Thanks again.
I run iphone x and tello. Lastest software on everything. Haven’t noticed loss of EIS. It does occasionally shift it’s camera angle though as a result of tello’s changing pitch but nothing shaky like fast mode video.

Hello all.
I may be raising a well known issue, but I cannot find any discussion of it on this forum.
For a while now I have wondered why, during a single Tello flight, I can start off with a very stable video image but later in the flight further video clips show a lot of shake. This has not been due to a change in weather conditions, such as a breeze starting up.
I have now come to the conclusion that it is because I have stopped recording (very stable) video and taken a few photos, then gone back into further (unstable) video recording.
The only way I have found to restore stable video is to land the Tello, switch it off and on, then take off again. This is as much a problem as waiting to take photos only after I have taken all the video that I want.
Does anyone else experience this?
Is it a well known problem?
Thanks in advance for any comments.
I had the exact same issue only after taking a photo, long story short, I contacted ryze-robotics and they had me send tello in for a $125 repair which warranty covered. I'm supposed to get it back the 27th, I'll update as soon as I test tello...

I had the exact same issue only after taking a photo, long story short, I contacted ryze-robotics and they had me send tello in for a $125 repair which warranty covered. I'm supposed to get it back the 27th, I'll update as soon as I test tello...
very steep repair haha

Got tello back today and tested it and it's NOT fixed! That means ryze robotics doesn't test repairs...I sent them an email, i'll keep updating as the saga plays out...SMH

Got tello back today and tested it and it's NOT fixed! That means ryze robotics doesn't test repairs...I sent them an email, i'll keep updating as the saga plays out...SMH
Probably a fw glitch everyone has. How exactly can you replicate this issue? I never noticed loss of EIS after pic taking?

its a FW bug that is older then I know. I have seen videos about it dating back to early(mid 2018 so I guess it has always been like that...

Ryze is very redundant. Now they are asking for the same info. as they asked before like video and phone type... I explained that nothing has changed my iphone 8+ and galaxy j7 are the same and the video of the problem is the same thing as tello's EIS problem is still same as when they asked me to post a video on youtube... when I got tello back from repair it's like they did not do anything or even test it before sending it back to me. The customer service likes to go around in circles and nothing is getting "FIXED". sorry for the rant guys but to be without enjoying my drone for 3 weeks because it's in the mail and not getting fixed is annoying to say the lest...

Reactions: Guorium
Ryze is very redundant. Now they are asking for the same info. as they asked before like video and phone type... I explained that nothing has changed my iphone 8+ and galaxy j7 are the same and the video of the problem is the same thing as tello's EIS problem is still same as when they asked me to post a video on youtube... when I got tello back from repair it's like they did not do anything or even test it before sending it back to me. The customer service likes to go around in circles and nothing is getting "FIXED". sorry for the rant guys but to be without enjoying my drone for 3 weeks because it's in the mail and not getting fixed is annoying to say the lest...
Are you sure it's your drone? I'd expect them to just replace it, easier and cheaper than addressing any issues.

Are you sure it's your drone? I'd expect them to just replace it, easier and cheaper than addressing any issues.
what else could it be i'v tried different phones and different apps including tellofpv...?

Its clearly a firmware bug. And its actually very old, I found videos showing this from mid 2018

Yea I'v also found plenty of people who also have EIS problems only after taking a photo and the only way to get working correctly is to turn tello off and back on... ryze is dropping the ball on this issue...

Now ryze wants me to send tello back in again for repairs because they did not test it before sending it back to me...that means tello spend more time in the mail than it does flying with me wow. customer service is incompetent! I hope you guys never have to deal with warranty repair...

Now ryze wants me to send tello back in again for repairs because they did not test it before sending it back to me...that means tello spend more time in the mail than it does flying with me wow. customer service is incompetent! I hope you guys never have to deal with warranty repair...

That’s BS...with what you’ve been through I’d tell them to send a new one that works along with a postpaid return ship label for the defective one.
I had (maybe still have) the EIS problem switching between vids & pics but thought I read that it had been fixed in new fw....haven’t had a chance to upgrade to check it out yet though. It’s not a huge issue for me but that’s beside the point....it should still work.
Hope it all works out for you!

This problem is clearly part of the firmware. No service they can do will change that. Only a firmware update can, but customer service is clueless.

Reactions: Sage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv