Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Luminous propellers

briest

Reaction score
I've been looking for batteries on banggood and found luminous propellers for Tello instead -- has anyone tried it? I'm a bit skeptical, the glow will be probably too weak, but I'll have to buy spare propellers anyway, so unless they're known to be worthless, I may try it.

I'm in no way related to the seller, just curious.

What would be the point? You can't fly in the dark.

Well, I just did today ;) It was indoors though and without visual positioning I crashed into a wall in no time, so in a way you're right -- I cannot (yet) fly in the dark, but I hope I can manage with a bit more training and a bit more space around ;)

But, obviously, I'll need some visual feedback, and luminescent elements seem an elegant way to do it with no additional burden of lights and their power supply (for some reason, my attempts to power small led lamps thru tello's usb port remain unsuccessfull -- maybe they draw too much current? When I connected card reader, its status led was shining, but it's very weak light source).

Sure, the FPV is great and a big part of tello magic -- as I just found out, I fail to control the drone without it -- but... hey, I'll try night flying just for fun. Maybe I'll just order the propellers and hope I won't destroy my Tello before they arrive (35 days shipping time... are they wandering on camel back along the Silk Road?).

Sure, the FPV is great and a big part of tello magic -- as I just found out, I fail to control the drone without it -- but... hey, I'll try night flying just for fun. Maybe I'll just order the propellers and hope I won't destroy my Tello before they arrive (35 days shipping time... are they wandering on camel back along the Silk Road?).
No, the Cowardly Lion is the courier. So he's afraid to deliver it faster. As for the crashing, I've crashed over 100 times and still flying strong.

So, I got the props yesterday and kept them in the sunlight all day long. While they do glow indeed, it seems too faint to be of any use; at least I have a backup props set. Hope they'll be well-balanced, had no time for flying test yet.

Don't think so -- they're factory mounted on USB plug and do work in every USB port I have handy, except for Tello and phone.

Oh. Forget it -- I've just tried again... "and there was light.". So maybe my micro-to-normal USB conversion was at fault? ****, I feel stupid now, thank you for make me trying again.

Reactions: Louis08

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv