Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Maiden Voyage Outdoor Flight Video

mhinc

Reaction score
So, I read many reviews, watched many videos and such before buying the Tello. I knew what to expect for the video. But I have to say. I am pretty happy with the results!
I took it on it's maiden voyage and the video didn't stutter what so ever. I also didn't use a range extender. This was out of the box. I believe it was on lower video quality as well, as from what I see, you have to change the quality every time you open the app. As it defaults back to lower quality.
I did, however, have the fact I am in a more rural area on my side, which I believe lead to less interference on the Wifi. And from what I read many suggest turning off the GSM on your phone. Which I also did by placing my S8 in Airplane mode, turned on wifi and selected the Tello and here is what I got.

Last edited:
Wow, looks awesome! It's raining here in Sweden so i have not had the chance to try mine outside yet. Only indoors and the interference from my home-wifi and all my neighbors makes the video somewhat choppy. I have ordered a range extender though so that "problem" will be fixed.

Wow, looks awesome! It's raining here in Sweden so i have not had the chance to try mine outside yet. Only indoors and the interference from my home-wifi and all my neighbors makes the video somewhat choppy. I have ordered a range extender though so that "problem" will be fixed.

Thanks! To be fair you have only flown indoor. I am sure there may be a lot more to interfere inside also try putting your phone in Airplane mode and turning on just your WIFI as well, this does seem to help. Worth a shot to better the quality.

Look forward to seeing your first outdoor flight.

Thanks! To be fair you have only flown indoor. I am sure there may be a lot more to interfere inside also try putting your phone in Airplane mode and turning on just your WIFI as well, this does seem to help. Worth a shot to better the quality.

Look forward to seeing your first outdoor flight.
I'm also guessing it will be better outside. I will maybe give it a go tonight and see what the little bugger can do. I think my wife and daughters will like the outside flying more too :)

I'm also guessing it will be better outside. I will maybe give it a go tonight and see what the little bugger can do. I think my wife and daughters will like the outside flying more too :)

Ha ha my wife acts like she thinks it's stupid, but when I get it right in her face and start doing flips, she tries to hold back the smiles!
My 2 year old hasn't seen it yet, that should be interesting.

Ha ha my wife acts like she thinks it's stupid, but when I get it right in her face and start doing flips, she tries to hold back the smiles!
My 2 year old hasn't seen it yet, that should be interesting.
My oldest daughter, 3, think it sounds to loud and just holds her hands over her ears and shouts "LAND, LAND". I will change her eventually :) The little one is just 1 month old and could not care less :p

My oldest daughter, 3, think it sounds to loud and just holds her hands over her ears and shouts "LAND, LAND". I will change her eventually :) The little one is just 1 month old and could not care less :p

My daughter is a little adrenaline junkie, and loves danger, NOT a good thing, but I am sure she will love this and maybe try to bat it out of the sky. :)

When the Tello is new, I suggest doing both the calibrations as in shipment it could upset Settings and ability to hover properly. I have said this before but for a $99 Drone it is amazing..

When the Tello is new, I suggest doing both the calibrations as in shipment it could upset Settings and ability to hover properly. I have said this before but for a $99 Drone it is amazing..
Thanks for the tip, i was wondering yesterday if i should do that and when i flew it i thought it was drifting a bit, even though it was incredible stable overall. But i will do that today for sure. I'm also buying a few more batteries and maybe a charging hub as well :)

My daughter is a little adrenaline junkie, and loves danger, NOT a good thing, but I am sure she will love this and maybe try to bat it out of the sky. :)
My son, nearly 3, shouts “Dont like it” until it lands then picks it up and starts making aeroplane noises with it haha ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv