Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Mavic pro controller as USB Gamepad?

Max-li

Reaction score
It would be really cool to be able to use the Mavic pro or Mavic 2 Controller via otg cable to controll the tello.

In theory it shold be possible, since we can use the Mavic controller in the dji flight simulator via usb conection.

I would love to do it, since part of why I got a tello is, to get more flying practice. I'm probably not the only one who would like to do that. But im not shure, how this sould be possible. Does anyone have an idea?

You would need the software to run drivers for that specific controller. Since a generic controller driver won’t work on it, my guess is that someone who knows how to build them, would have to get involved.

It would be really cool to be able to use the Mavic pro or Mavic 2 Controller via otg cable to controll the tello.

In theory it shold be possible, since we can use the Mavic controller in the dji flight simulator via usb conection.

I would love to do it, since part of why I got a tello is, to get more flying practice. I'm probably not the only one who would like to do that. But im not shure, how this sould be possible. Does anyone have an idea?

Yes please... absolutely was thinking the exact same theory. Please continue to post if you find this. I bought my son a tello to get really good with before I allow him to try the mavic. And what better controller to use.

You would need the software to run drivers for that specific controller. Since a generic controller driver won’t work on it, my guess is that someone who knows how to build them, would have to get involved.

Wouldn't you think the phone would already have them if you have the dji go (or 4) app? Please feel free to correct my understanding, but the tello app through USB just needs to know how to recognize and interpret the input from the controller. The dji go app communicates flawlessly with the controller.
**Even before any mavic is connected or sync'd...

Problem is, I don't know how accessible those drivers are in the go app >_< .Maybe in an sdk somewhere

Wouldn't you think the phone would already have them if you have the dji go (or 4) app? Please feel free to correct my understanding, but the tello app through USB just needs to know how to recognize and interpret the input from the controller. The dji go app communicates flawlessly with the controller.
**Even before any mavic is connected or sync'd...

Problem is, I don't know how accessible those drivers are in the go app >_< .Maybe in an sdk somewhere
What the Go app does it decode the video signal that is being transmitted from the controller. This is not the same as decoding controller input.

Anybody every tried to just plug it in and see what happens in the gamepad tester app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv