Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Max wind speed?

Gray52

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting one to take on holiday, as I Donte wnt to risk loosing my Mavic Pro. ive looked on the web but cannot find any information on the max wind speed. I would like it more for photos than video, as i know the video is not great.

I’ve had mine for several weeks now and love it for quick aerial photos. While I can’t give you a precise speed, I do know that my Tello is struggling pretty hard to maintain its position in anything other than a light breeze, so I’d say you’re not likely to get really sharp photos when the wind is much greater than 5-10 mph (and I think 10 mph is probably pushing it). But Tello is great for a quick snapshot when the conditions are right.

Reactions: Gray52
9kph is the maximum filmable windspeed (i.e no overleaning)
For me the max windspeed i was able to fly in slow mode without it getting pushed was 15kph
Still dangerous tho to fly in winds more than 5kph

I’m thinking of getting one to take on holiday, as I Donte wnt to risk loosing my Mavic Pro. ive looked on the web but cannot find any information on the max wind speed. I would like it more for photos than video, as i know the video is not great.

so you're gonna use your Mavic Pro or Tello? Since this is a Tello pilots forum.
Tello's picture is quite amazing, but when it's windy, sometimes it's leaning away (like, a lot).

Flew the Tello last night, my weather app was saying 9-10mph winds
Tello struggled a bit over about 6 meters but nevertheless stayed in contact and control.
I didn't go out to far though:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode