Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Motorola compatibility?

Thelenius

Reaction score
My son got a Tello drone as a present. However, neither the official Tello app nor TelloFPV connect to the drone. My son’s phone is Moto G5. The drone works fine with my IPhone. Is there any hope for my son to get this to work?

switch phone into airplane mode.
Turn on wifi only. connect to the tello wifi and wait if the OS complains about "no internet"
Start app and should work

Thank you, this helped! Although the official app can’t show the camera feed, just a glitchy mess of lines. But the TelloFPV app works fine.

Why does the airplane mode work, does the phone network interfere with the signal or something?

Android phones detect that the connected wifi does not offer internet access. They seem to stay connected to the wifi but silently switch back to cellular data, cutting the line to Tello. Airplane mode makes them stay on the wifi instead.

The green mess is caused by a coding incompatibility that most Motorola phone models have. Ryze never fixed this mess. Initially I thought this was because they lost interest in Tello and it was near the end of its lifecycle. But now almost a year later Tello is still doing well so I think they just don't have the development resources to re-engineer their app from scratch to fix all the issues.

Reactions: Flydrone
Android phones detect that the connected wifi does not offer internet access. They seem to stay connected to the wifi but silently switch back to cellular data, cutting the line to Tello. Airplane mode makes them stay on the wifi instead.

The green mess is caused by a coding incompatibility that most Motorola phone models have. Ryze never fixed this mess. Initially I thought this was because they lost interest in Tello and it was near the end of its lifecycle. But now almost a year later Tello is still doing well so I think they just don't have the development resources to re-engineer their app from scratch to fix all the issues.

My Moto G5 has the same problem with the official Tello app, but connects just fine with TelloFPV, :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv