Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

MULTIPLE DRONES FLYING AT ONCE

Geoff Mason

Reaction score
I want to fly 10 Tello drones at the same time at a school using 10 tablets. I have achieved this with Parrot Mambo mini drones but would like to do the same using Tellos. I have two Tellos at the moment and have changed the name in settings/wi-fi to D1 and D2 and have connected the tablets to each one and flown them without interference. Has anyone successfully flown ten drones with 10 tablets or phones without interference between them?

I want to fly 10 Tello drones at the same time at a school using 10 tablets. I have achieved this with Parrot Mambo mini drones but would like to do the same using Tellos. I have two Tellos at the moment and have changed the name in settings/wi-fi to D1 and D2 and have connected the tablets to each one and flown them without interference. Has anyone successfully flown ten drones with 10 tablets or phones without interference between them?
It is possible to use a wifi relay to connect multiple drones to the same network, allowing for simultaneous drone control on one device (not individual control, mind)

However, I haven't seen anyone use 10 seperate devices to control 10 separate drones, or anything close to that number, within close proximity. You'd need to test that in order to see what happens.

Thanks for your reply FlandersNed. It looks as though I will have to be the guinea pig to try it out. I have flown two at once without problem and 10 Parrot minidrones in an auditorium so I assume it should be the same. I changed the names in the Tello app settings to No.1 and No.2 and connected the tablets names No.1 and 2 to each one. I went into wifi and clicked on 1 for tablet 1 and 2 for tablet 2 and they flew ok. I will try this for each one up to 10 and see what happens.
Regards, Geoff.

I have a class of Tello Edu's and we had lock outs of more than 4-5 at once... (We tried drone racing in our auditorium today even though we knew they had pretty high latency) We had 10 in the air, but found that about a third would just hover in place and not respond until others were powered down.

Last edited:
We have this same problem. We tried to get a class of 15 in the air and it was a no go. Anyone know a work around?

I have a class of Tello Edu's and we had lock outs of more than 4-5 at once... (We tried drone racing in our auditorium today even though we knew they had pretty high latency) We had 10 in the air, but found that about a third would just hover in place and not respond until others were powered down.
Did you find a work around? We tried 15 and it was a no go!

Did you find a work around? We tried 15 and it was a no go!
Similar issue for us when flying in our school gym. I would like to hear If anyone has sound solutions to multiple Tellos flying and interference issues

If you have EDU editions you could use them all tied into the same access point, eliminating the need for Tello to coordinate multiple different Wifis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv