Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My Tello Playground

Pilot47

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Tello Pilots.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Drone playground in my front yard that I'm working on. Plus one of my nemesis, the neighbors tree.The Tello in front spent a week in it. ???After a full speed crash into the top of it, the pictures show approximate impact zone. Plus some of our little snowstorm. I'll be adding more as time goes on.
My little playground is very colorful, plus it kind of glows in the dark. I'll be posting some videos of it in action soon. My significant other is also a Tello pilot, the white one with the Sous Chef is hers, the other yellow one has been claimed by the 9 yr old granddaughter (although in the GIF she's flying G-ma's) she is becoming quite the drone pilot and fanatic as well.

Thanks for looking.

? Pilot 47 ( aka Chef Andy, Seattle )

Attachments

• photostudio_1555640332796.png
    photostudio_1555640332796.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • photostudio_1555640443081.png
    photostudio_1555640443081.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • photostudio_1555640188894.png
    photostudio_1555640188894.png
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • photostudio_1555639709767.png
    photostudio_1555639709767.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 130
  • photostudio_1554599834679.jpg
    photostudio_1554599834679.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • 1554850569897_1.gif
    1554850569897_1.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 113
  • 1549818367755.jpg
    1549818367755.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 1553182531723.jpg
    1553182531723.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 1555623797454.jpg
    1555623797454.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Thank you. It's a work in progress. I keep adding things to it. The new parts are made of pool noodles. $1.00 ea. At the dollar store. LOL. The other parts are fiberglass poles, $2.00 ea. with flaggers tape, and some kids toy hoops $8.00 ea from Amazon. The whole thing cost less than $50 to put together. Pretty much indestructible. The worst thing is taking it down to mow the lawn, then putting it ALL back together......... Well worth it, just in smiles, Easter today, 3 granddaughters coming. Lot's of smiles

Actually, mostly I just fly it. That's where the real fun is.

Last edited:
Like your playground and especially like your multi-colored blades for the Tellos. Where did you get them? Is quality equal to DJI? Thanks for sharing.

Like your playground and especially like your multi-colored blades for the Tellos. Where did you get them? Is quality equal to DJI? Thanks for sharing.
All of the props came from Amazon. Anbee (China) is the brand name of the ones that look like the OEM props. The others (Makerfire 73mm) look cool, but are heavier, hard, stiff clear plastic, I will say this about them, they are very difficult to get on and off, they break fairly easy and I can not really recommend them, stick with the Anbee or OEM props. No sense in tearing up your motors. Ryze has just released their new Tello, the Ironman edition, they( Ryze)sell the props and guards separately, and they are Red. It definitely makes it much easier to see, The quality is considerably better than the aftermarket parts. I mostly fly fast mode, line of sight, hence the colored props.....yes, I have some goggles and I do use them, but I really like zipping around 60-80ft high and 400-500 ft in every direction, obviously, I've reset the altitude. Higher on the 2 I fly, and lower on the others, I don't recommend doing that either, until you get very good at flying your Tello. When you crash, and you Will, it is much harder to locate the lost drone the farther away you flew. Big open fields, my 2 favorites are quite large, bigger the better, IMO, especially when you get your wife and grandchildren into flying. Hope that this information helps. Have fun flying.....

Attachments

• 20190429_215214.jpg
    20190429_215214.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20190429_215448.jpg
    20190429_215448.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20190429_215625.jpg
    20190429_215625.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks, but just know that the new red Ironman edition has propellers that are NOT usable by the regular (white) Tello machines. I know this because I ordered a pair and was told by the DJI staff that they are NOT compatible, so I refused delivery (which cost $15 on a $4 set of four props). UGH!!

Thanks, but just know that the new red Ironman edition has propellers that are NOT usable by the regular (white) Tello machines. I know this because I ordered a pair and was told by the DJI staff that they are NOT compatible, so I refused delivery (which cost $15 on a $4 set of four props). UGH!!
Actually........... The Ironman is exactly the same thing as both other Tello drones. The same frames, different "paint jobs". Once the props and guards arrive (no telling how LONG that will take) I'll post some video of it flying. I almost always fly without guards, but my other half, and the grandchildren use them. I'll be putting red props on the front and black on the back. Same with the others, just with guards........ after testing several different types of props I've decided that the OEM props are by far superior, same thing with the guards, you can see the red guards in the picture, cheap aftermarket crap, they break if you look at them for more than 5 secs, LOL. Can't really recommend them. Seriously though, watch a few YouTube videos, there are many, most hold the Ironman edition right next to the regular Tello, same thing different color plastic composite body, gold plated motors. I'll be the guinea pig and pull the trigger, and let you know how it goes... Cheers.

Last edited:
Did you successfully use the red Ironman version propellers on your Tello?
Hello Richard

No. I haven't tried them yet, we've been building some raised bed vegetable gardens, and redoing the flower beds, been playing in the dirt instead of playing with my Tello. I'll have them soon, have props and guards coming, can't wait to try them out. OEM props are much better than the Anbee brand, or whatever..... There's lots of props, Makerfire brand look really cool, but very brittle. It's nice to have props that have a little give to them, for when you crash into something harder than the props, LOL. Have you seen my pile of broken props and guards? I keep adding to it. Gonna need a bigger bowl soon. LOL

Anyway, I'll post some pictures and videos once I have the new stuff. Keep flying.

Pilot 47

That play ground is a nice training facility! Nice work.

Joe
Thanks. It's a work in progress. I keep adding things to it. It's a lot of fun to race around in. The only drawback is that I have to tear down to mow the lawn, takes awhile to put together again. Last night I just mowed around it. Probably won't get away with that too many times. LOL.

Best wishes with the garden! I did go ahead and purchase a set of red propellers from eBay (Ryze Tech Quick Release Propellers for Tello Drones (Iron Man Edition, Set of 4) 190021333963 | eBay) and am hoping they are not junk. Certainly they are cheaper that DJI due to the shipping costs, so we will see.

-Rich

Hello Richard

Well, we've been in the final push for the gardens this year, multiple cinder block raised beds for vegetables and herbs, plus the existing flower beds that ALL needed redoing. Lots of rototilling and shoveling dirt. Been shooting short drone video and pics as we go. Not much time flying otherwise, going to for at least a little while today...... Thanks for the link, I've ordered props and guards from the guy, your right, no shipping costs. Awesome. Can't wait to try them out. Should be much better than the cheap ones from China, the guards at least anyway. I'll let you know when they've arrived and I've flown thrm. Let me know when you get yours. In the meantime, keep flying....

Paul.

Hello Richard

Well, we've been in the final push for the gardens this year, multiple cinder block raised beds for vegetables and herbs, plus the existing flower beds that ALL needed redoing. Lots of rototilling and shoveling dirt. Been shooting short drone video and pics as we go. Not much time flying otherwise, going to for at least a little while today...... Thanks for the link, I've ordered props and guards from the guy, your right, no shipping costs. Awesome. Can't wait to try them out. Should be much better than the cheap ones from China, the guards at least anyway. I'll let you know when they've arrived and I've flown thrm. Let me know when you get yours. In the meantime, keep flying....

Paul.
Update on Ironman props and guards.

Well, the props and guards arrived today. So, obviously I dropped everything and installed them. I even put the front set (prop guards)on one of my drones(usually fly without guards)so you can see them on mine and hers. I've successfully flown them, and they work great. Exactly the same as the black OEM props, different paint jobs. Working on getting some video on here. The other set of Red propeller guards that you see in the picture are the really brittle cheap knock offs from China, The Tello guards are much better. I like the look of the Ironman props, even if they are not as bright.

Attachments

• 20190614_185151.jpg
    20190614_185151.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20190614_185732.jpg
    20190614_185732.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle Knox
Hello everyone

So, I've been trying to upload a video of my little Tello playground, I have tried several times now and I keep getting an error message that says that the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension...... It's an Mp4 file, how can it not work?. If anyone knows the solution I would sure like to hear it. Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv