Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

My Tello, Sometimes charges and Sometimes not...

mgl2020tello

Reaction score
Hi All,
After inserting the battery to my Tello, I plugged in the micro-usb cable to my Tello, and put it on to charge by 5V-2A adepter, but, my Tello LED didn’t turned on. So, I repeated the above steps again and again, even after Tello LED didn’t turned on. After some time, I tried in charging with another micro-usb cable but with the same adepter, and that time my Tello LED turned on blinking-blue and the battery charged. Next I inserted my 2nd battery, and put it on to charge, again my Tello LED didn’t turned on. So I tried changing different micro-usb cables, with the same adepter (5V-2A), and my Tello LED ‘sometimes turns on to blinking blue’ and ‘sometimes never turns on-never charging’. (Please feel sorry for my long description about the problem that I encountered) Can anyone tell me why is this happening with my Tello?
Thanks,
Yours Sincerely,
Muneendra.

When do you charge the Lipos? Before you fly?
If you leave the Lipo unchaged for some time it continues a slowly decharging. If you charge it than again in can take some time to start the charging. That's what you describe. But this way isn't good for a Lipo.
Better you charge it after every flight. And if there is a longer break before the next flight, charge it again before you fly. So you prevent an undercharging.
Anyway, I recomment a charging hub like this: Amazon
So there is no need to use the Tello for charging, especially if you have more than one Lipo.

Reactions: Terry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid