Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

need iOS help

MrsPellerin

Reaction score
Hello, I am a high school coding teacher. I just purchased the Tello EDU to use with my python class. The students will be using Apple iPads. I've played around with several apps, but cannot find a suitable app that will run once connect to the drone, because it is not still connected to wifi. Anyone writing python code via an iPad?

Hello, I am a high school coding teacher. I just purchased the Tello EDU to use with my python class. The students will be using Apple iPads. I've played around with several apps, but cannot find a suitable app that will run once connect to the drone, because it is not still connected to wifi. Anyone writing python code via an iPad?

Hi,
I haven't written code on iPad to fly Tello drone but on desktop.

I have also built a complete desktop application using Python + Electron to fly the drone from the laptop. It's compatible with both Mac OSx & Windows. You can fly it from Keyboard, or controller. It has tons of ML features.

The best part is it's Free for first 100 users. I also support education for kids & will be more than happy to give the application free for their learning. You can check out our Education for kids page on our website. Email me on [email protected] for software for every kid in your class.

Software will have following features, I am sure it will excite their curiosity.
XboxController.png

Thanks

Last edited:
You can also design a Flght Plan and ask kids to execute the flight plan. It will teach them physics of how drone fly and work. They can adjust
1) Speed
2) Rotation
3) See time of flight

Look at the bottom of the screen

Screenshot 2021-07-12 at 19.07.56.png

Thanks

Holy Smokes! I only just now found this thread and am so glad I did. I can't wait to wake up in the morning to try this out. My students will be very engaged when they see this in action.

I have the same exact setup and we use the DroneBlocks app. However, DroneBlocks only lets you code in Block or Java so I don't really know if that's the path you're looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv