Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

It seems I am the First One who buyed the App. 5-Star-Rating is Naturally.
I Hope many Users would spent the 4.99€, so you can be a rich man before new Year ???
Jokes beside. I Hope that some moneys stay after the hard Work you have done so far. Thank you for all that!

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you and your Family

Thanks for all the kind words!

has it been released in India?
Yes.

The only countries excluded are Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and *bummer* China.. No clue why Google play won't let me sell the app there, must be some sort of export restriction. I will look into this over the holidays

One huge thing i forgot to mention in my post up there is he released a "DEMO VERSION" of TelloFPV to the public on google play to make sure that it works with your phone, tablet, etc...or your happy with the software "BEFORE YOU SPEND ANY MONEY" !!!

That is a HUGE help with all the different kinds of devices out there, plus controllers. Programmers can not be perfect, They makes mistakes like everybody else. So being able to check to see if you are happy with it before you buy is what i believe all apps makers should do. If a programmer believes in their work, They have nothing to hide.

Since i have been following this app since first it was posted here, I knew that it did what i needed it to do before
i bought it. So it was not a problem for me, But think of all the new folks that never heard of this app yet. That is a huge help to be able to try it with the demo before you spend you hard earned money.

So if you still are not sure about trying this app because it cost 5 bucks. try the demo version that he posted on google play before you spend your 5 bucks. In my opinion, It is the best app i have used for the tello so far.

here is the link if you want to try it before you buy it, And you will buy it....LOL
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volatello.tellofpv.demo

Yes, I invite all to try the DEMO version first. It's better if you find out about incompatibilities before you buy, instead of me doing refunds and getting bad ratings.

The DEMO is not a free version to serves basic needs but only a demo to check compatibility. Therefore DEMO carries the following restrictions:
Expires after 10 flights or 5 days
Max altitude 2m
only 1 photo saved
only 1 video of 20sec saved

DEMO shares exactly the same codebase, so what works in the real thing will work in DEMO, too.

If you do have problems with the full app let me know and we will figure out how to make it work, or you get a refund.

Thanks to all who try & buy the app. Don't forget to leave a rating, also for the DEMO app to spread the word.

Reactions: OptiPlex
Word will spread quickly. I just tried 0.8 with my new Xiaomi range extender which arrived today. Set it up, connected right away - 65 metres first flight, straight over the house and up to the road, spun around and returned - smooth video all the way, smooth controls, no jitter and all that over a corrugated iron roof which normally stuffs it up no end. I ran out of space but it was still at 70 percent Wifi signal. This app is absolutely wonderful - it has changed my view of the hardware completely. Merry XMAS :)

Buenos días, soy un usuario de Ryze Tello y estoy en un grupo de telegram "Dji Tello España", hace 2 días un usuario del grupo compartió el descubrimiento de la app TelloFpv y algunos miembros del grupo empezamos a probarla y la verdad que de las app que he probado para pilotar el Tello es la mejor, muy completa y muy limpia la pantalla, con toda la información necesaria y fácil de encontrar, muy configurable, estoy utilizando la versión beta pero con toda seguridad compraré TelloFpv, quería preguntar a volate¡ lo por la función rth, es bastante precisa en cortas distancias de no más de 30m, yo la probé a 206m de distancia y empezó a volver con un poco de desviacion al punto de origen, pero lo importante es que vuelve, vuando estaba a unos 40m de distancia empezó a alejarse de nuevo, yo pensé que iba a hacer alguna corrección por la desviacion pero no, se seguía alejando y cuando superó la distancia de 206m anulé el rth y regresé en modo manual, no sé porque hizo eso, fue en la versión 0.6, tengo que probar con la 0.8, otra pregunta, ¿el rth lo podría hacer automáticamente si pierde la conexión con el teléfono o repetidor WiFi? ¿O necesita la conexión WiFi para volver?, un saludo y enhorabuena por esta app.

I just bought the app. It's working great with my Nexus 6p and a PS4 otg controller. Keep the great work and merry Christmas.

I can't wait for the VR option.

Tried today outsite. Its sunny after weeks. No Wind.
but since today TelloFPV would not connect to my gamesir ts1.
IT Shows up in the lower bar at the right, Shows 82% accu, but under controll Setting nothing.
atellopilot could not find ts1 too.
De and reinstalled everything. Nothing Happens. Shows up with 82% in the lower bar, but no connection...

OK folks, the Xmas release is ready: v0.8b is available for download in the post #2 on the first page of this thread. Again good for 5 days.

I am reasonably confident that we ironed out most significant bugs. If you stumble over something please let me know!

This will also become the first official release on Google Play store. I have never done this before so no clue how long Playstore needs to activate a new app release.
TelloFPV will be available in two flavours:
Demo restricted to 5 days or 10 flights, 2m altitude limit and recording only short video snippets. The intention of this version is allow a compatibility-check with a particular phone / controller without buying the real thing.
TelloFpv itself will be 4,99 Euro or equivalent lira, dollar , piaster, whatever. That includes all future updates to this app.

Thanks to all who helped me achieve this in such a short timeframe, special thanks @zesteves for giving me the chance to peek at his nice & sunny videos when all I could do was fly inside and look at the rain!

Starting tomorrow I'll be gone for family holidays, be back in a couple of days.

Focus for next release is strictly bug fixing and VR support.

@all: Enjoy your holidays and have fun !
Hi volate!lo,

Finally this part is done! It's amazing the job you did for all the Tello pilots community! Thank you very much!

I also thank your kind words. It was a pleasure to be able to contribute with some videos that helped you improve the app.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas with your families!

All the best!

@volate!lo, many thanks for your efforts and congrats on meeting your Christmas 'deadline' :)

One issue: I deleted the beta version and bought the app on the Play store using my M3 tablet. When I tried installing from Play store on a different device, using same Play store login, it wanted to charge me $4.99 again. Did you set it up this way or am I missing something? Usually, once I've paid for an app it can be installed on more than one device.

Edit: Instead of searching the Play Store for TelloFPV on the Fire 7 tablet, I went into Play Store -> My apps and games -> Library and installed it from there, at no additional charge... I don't know what the difference is?

Last edited:
@volate!lo

Congratulations and merry christmas.

I realized a minor bug I detect into beta 0.7 and remains in 0.8 I bought from Play Store today. When I configure Main settings-confirm takeoff to NO its not possible to take off anymore. Takeoff button do nothing. it doesn't matter touchscreen or gamepad selected. Only workarround is CSC arm motors command or setting Confirm Takeoff to YES.

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
@volate!lo

I realized a minor bug I detect into beta 0.7 and remains in 0.8 I bought from Play Store today. When I configure Main settings-confirm takeoff to NO its not possible to take off anymore. Takeoff button do nothing. it doesn't matter touchscreen or gamepad selected. Only workarround is CSC command or setting Confirm Takeoff to NO.

Thanks a lot !

I confirm that. Took me quite some time to figure out.

Reactions: raulvolador
@volate!lo

I realized a minor bug I detect into beta 0.7 and remains in 0.8 I bought from Play Store today. When I configure Main settings-confirm takeoff to NO its not possible to take off anymore. Takeoff button do nothing. it doesn't matter touchscreen or gamepad selected. Only workarround is CSC arm motors command or setting Confirm Takeoff to YES.

Thanks a lot !
yep

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

@volate!lo

Thanks a lot !

Hi volate!lo,

Today I tested for the first time the "Confirm takeoff" button to "No" and the drone doesn't takeoff nor even arm the motors. With this selection ("No"), the only way to takeoff is using CSC.

So I had exactly the same experience as has already been reported.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Just a quick note so that you don't think i have forgotten you.

According to German tradition Christmas is on 24th so i am amidst family party. Will be back tomorrow and address all your comments.

The bug regarding takeoff is an easy fix, but since it could be a showstopper for someone inexperienced i will try to do another release tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Just a quick note so that you don't think i have forgotten you.

According to German tradition Christmas is on 24th so i am amidst family party. Will be back tomorrow and address all your comments.

The bug regarding takeoff is an easy fix, but since it could be a showstopper for someone inexperienced i will try to do another release tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all!
Also FYI... TelloFPV is not showing in Google Play search results when I search for Tello. Maybe too soon or something. Merry Christmas :)

Sorry for posting so much...

But i really am excited about this new app and want to try to help as many people as i can
get the most out of it. It feels like a whole different drone then when i first bought it.

With a return to home the really works is just an awesome tool to have on such a toy drone so you don't lose it as much.

I only fly it 100 meters on average and 100 feet high. with that camera on this tiny thing, You can get some great footage from a toy. Then i don't have to haul out the big drones to grab a nice quick picture or video of something.

Not to mention, When you fire up a large drone, The whole world seems to notice you and it makes headaches sometimes.

And if i can help anybody with what works and what does not, Or how to store your drone for without having to buy a fancy bag or case or pouch. Then you can save extra money and buy this app from him with it :)

Here is my complete setup for this little drone :)
(Thdrocase is a simple fishing tackle type box you can buy at walmart for like 7 bucks)
(The repeater is a meross n220 that i got from amazon)
(And If you already have a iMax b6 charger, Thatpower adapter works perfect with this tello charger)

View attachment 2358View attachment 2359View attachment 2360View attachment 2361
Someone is on Fire ??
But its the same to me. Playing around with Tello and tellofpv, spare parts
The "Tello World" is realy crazy Funny.
Its a little Magic to me what this little Bird provide. It wins against all other drones in 0-160€ Range.

Sorry for posting so much...

But i really am excited about this new app and want to try to help as many people as i can
get the most out of it. It feels like a whole different drone then when i first bought it.

With a return to home the really works is just an awesome tool to have on such a toy drone so you don't lose it as much. And not to mention a programmer who works this hard, It a win/win for everybody. Guy had like 7 updates in a week and is already talking about another quick release to help more people. You sir are AWESOME !!! And a wonderul help to the tello pilot family. I hope for the sound of thousands of dollars falling onto your doorstep next year with this hard work you are doing for us. plus, That dual control feature that you have has is a fantastic feature to help other people learn to fly safely.

I only fly it 100 meters on average and 100 feet high. with that camera on this tiny thing, You can get some great footage from a toy. Then i don't have to haul out the big drones to grab a nice quick picture or video of something.

Not to mention, When you fire up a large drone, The whole world seems to notice you and it makes headaches sometimes.

And if i can help anybody with what works and what does not, Or how to store your drone for without having to buy a fancy bag or case or pouch. Then you can save extra money and buy this app from him with it :)

Here is my complete setup for this little drone :)
(The box/case is a simple fishing tackle type box you can buy at walmart for like 7 bucks)
(The repeater is a meross n220 that i got from amazon)
(And If you already have a iMax b6 charger, That power adapter works perfect with this tello charger)

View attachment 2358View attachment 2359View attachment 2360View attachment 2361

Hi TelloPilot2019,

Don't worry, we all understand you. It is very rare for me to participate in forums and in one week I have written about 30 posts in this thread. I became an addict. o_O

That's amazing the work that in one week volate!lo developed for the Tello pilots community. I agree with you: AWESOME!!!

I liked your idea for Tello storage and transport. Can you tell me what the dimensions of your "fishing tackle type box" are?

All the best!

Reactions: xcrost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843