Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

What about fpv functionality? Any progress?

#cantwait
Not as much as I wanted, due to bugfixing. Otherwise it would be here already. But as mentioned a couple of times: January. Still a few days to go

This app is getting better and better. I'm having some issues on my turnigy evolution connected via otg. I can't map yaw to the left stick, the app doesn't recognize left x axis. The controller runs and maps without any problems to the fpv freerider simulator on android so it must be something with the tello fpv app.

Request: removing the current mapping of any button/axis in "controller/map" menu - ability to set them as "blank".

They won't go for canibalising the Spark sales. I tested the v0.99 (0.98z) a bit during a rain break & everything works great so far including the new photo timer. One thing caught my attention - arming the engine via stick movement didn't worked reliably, de-arming via stick movement works flawlessly, every time! Quite strange

Reactions: mcsound
just did a small test in house of latest release, wife didnt let me more than 3 mins ;)
arming with controller works
timer for cam works
onscreen flips works - really love this

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: volate!lo
This app is getting better and better. I'm having some issues on my turnigy evolution connected via otg. I can't map yaw to the left stick, the app doesn't recognize left x axis. The controller runs and maps without any problems to the fpv freerider simulator on android so it must be something with the tello fpv app.

Request: removing the current mapping of any button/axis in "controller/map" menu - ability to set them as "blank".

I guess the controller reports the X Axis as some other axis, like LX or so. Check with the gemapadtester app, TelloFpv requires X,Y,Z,RZ which is supposed to be the standard. Therelease after VR will get completely flexible controller mapping.
You can actually clear the current mapping using the clear button. After that it has a default mapping. You can remove pitch by (temporarily) reassigning the pitch stick to some other axis.

They won't go for canibalising the Spark sales. I tested the v0.99 (0.98z) a bit during a rain break & everything works great so far including the new photo timer. One thing caught my attention - arming the engine via stick movement didn't worked reliably, de-arming via stick movement works flawlessly, every time! Quite strange
I have checked CSC stick arming maybe 10 times in the last couple of days due to various claims its not functioning. Seriously: If its important to you get a better controller, or map the arming to a button.
Tello checks only throttle stick for de-arming. So if de-arming works OK one of your other stick axes has a problem.

Check using the gamepad tester app you will find something like this (note the blind spots in the corners):
1547924843583.png

TelloFpv is now down to 65% minimum stick output required for CSC. I won't go lower, as other controllers reliably work as they should and going lower would cause problems for those.

Gosh, I just got back inside from flying outside 'til my fingers froze off. I checked, --just in case-- Google Play before leaving, to make sure there wasn't an update... by the time I ran through only three batteries (and only down to about 20%), I get on here to report back, and wouldn't ya know: another update! That's pretty darn cool!

Anyway, I flew the 'true' 0.98z version outside, temps hovering a bit over freezing, heavily overcast, low wind here and there (enough to make the video shaky).

First flights low to the ground, --just in case. (Neighbor,s dog got pissed off, haha! I guess the buzzing irritates the dailights out of the dog's sensitive hearing, or maybe I smell bad, --probably the latter.)

The drone's flying felt good, no signs of run-aways. Took her up a couple times to max. alt. of ~30m and hovered and did some slow (manual) slow 360 degrees turns. All good! I get a bit of WiFi interference here (urban area), and it shows in the video. I set the IFrame rate to every 7 seconds, and bit rate to auto. Had the Hawkeye Firefly mounted and ran that too (1080p). Also recorded the screen itself. Maybe I get around to post a comparison clip on Vimeo later.

OK, now onto updating TelloFPV.

(Thanks for the ongoing support of TelloFPV!)

Reactions: volate!lo
I guess the controller reports the X Axis as some other axis, like LX or so. Check with the gemapadtester app, TelloFpv requires X,Y,Z,RZ which is supposed to be the standard. Therelease after VR will get completely flexible controller mapping.
You can actually clear the current mapping using the clear button. After that it has a default mapping. You can remove pitch by (temporarily) reassigning the pitch stick to some other axis.

I have checked CSC stick arming maybe 10 times in the last couple of days due to various claims its not functioning. Seriously: If its important to you get a better controller, or map the arming to a button.
Tello checks only throttle stick for de-arming. So if de-arming works OK one of your other stick axes has a problem.

Check using the gamepad tester app you will find something like this (note the blind spots in the corners):
View attachment 2775

TelloFpv is now down to 65% minimum stick output required for CSC. I won't go lower, as other controllers reliably work as they should and going lower would cause problems for those.

It's not at all important! Mapping it to a button is sufficient ???

Don't party too early! No way I'm even considering getting into this. There is a much better chance for an IOS version (and even that is very close to 0). Sorry.
One vote for IOS version hopefully not so close to 0.

If no significant defects I will move the last version to production shortly. This is your chance to speak up!

Reactions: OptiPlex
@volate!lo after a succesfully flight into v0.99a temperature range setting slider dissapeared from menu :( i setted an small value and can't change it anymore

Yeah, i realized that the imu temp value i found isn't the temp i was looking for. It never exceeds 66 C so i removed it. I will completely remove the warningt before making the final update.

Tellofpv 0.98 + ps3 otg. In sport mode, when the battery percentage is low (20-30%) Tello is slower, it seems to mutate to video mode.

Tellofpv 0.98 + ps3 otg. In sport mode, when the battery percentage is low (20-30%) Tello is slower, it seems to mutate to video mode.
Does ps3 controller via Otg cable work with tellofpv without additional programs like sixaxis or octopus?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843