Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Flew 2 batteries on 1.04 no issues. It's fantastic! :)After a break I flew #3 batt. and all of a sudden "T1d?, app? aliens?" would apply left stick on its own. I would right stick, Tello would move right...then hover ..then start to move left again on it's own. I "paired " the T1D mid flight and the process repeated. I tested the rest of the flight and it happened continuously until flight end. I started with a new battery and anomaly was gone. I will try to get it to occur again next flight.

What version do you currently have installed? See menu - about.

It would be helpful if you could send me your GPA number by email ([email protected]). You can find this number in the email which Google play sent you after the purchase. That way i can see when you purchased and that gives me the version number you had installed before the update.
Then I can do a direct compare.

I just emailed that through, note:

it seems I purchased on 17th Jan.

I made another flight last night after reinstalling (with latest non-beta) and it seemed to be a little better, not flash but definitely a bit better than earlier that day. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Flew 2 batteries on 1.04 no issues. It's fantastic! :)After a break I flew #3 batt. and all of a sudden "T1d?, app? aliens?" would apply left stick on its own. I would right stick, Tello would move right...then hover ..then start to move left again on it's own. I "paired " the T1D mid flight and the process repeated. I tested the rest of the flight and it happened continuously until flight end. I started with a new battery and anomaly was gone. I will try to get it to occur again next flight.
If this happens again, please turn off gamesir and see if its related to the controller.
If Tello stops moving, its the controller. Then try to add some deadzone to solve this.
If Tello keeps moving, you have some trouble with the VPS (most likely vibration) so hover isn't stable.

If this happens again, please turn off gamesir and see if its related to the controller.
If Tello stops moving, its the controller. Then try to add some deadzone to solve this.
If Tello keeps moving, you have some trouble with the VPS (most likely vibration) so hover isn't stable.
Three more batts and it did not occur again. I love the new features! Esp. RTH ...perfect!

Reactions: volate!lo
@volate!lo:
In Google Playstore the correct version number is not displayed in the description of your app. Today, for example, version v1.03 was displayed in the Playstore. But after the update I had installed v1.04. On friday it was similar. v1.02 was displayed, but v1.03 was behind it. :unsure:
This is no big deal now and doesn't bother anybody if you know it. :whistle: If you don't have any influence there, you know now why there might be irritations regarding the versions.

Definitely the cause of all the problems of video delay, frozen video, frozen screen, pixelation, loss of control, was the Parrot Flypad, tried with another tello and another cell gave exactly the same fault, it is already in a box to be returned to amazon, I really do not recommend using the Parrot Flipad, I'm going to try the gamesir T1s, waiting for it to arrive

Thank you for offering 1.04.

It's trivial, but ...
In the mapping screen of the controller, I think that the up and down directional assignment display of the D pad is opposite to the plus and minus of AXIX_Y.
What is positive on the bottom and negative on the bottom?

I changed the controller from gamesir T1D to T1, but is it impossible for such a general purpose Bluetooth controller to display the remaining battery power?

vertical axes are (typically) reported as "Stick up = negative value", and "Stick down = positive value". Can also be other way depending on the individual controller.

AFAIK generic controllers have no way to report battery levels in android

Reactions: hea-kun
@volate!lo:
In Google Playstore the correct version number is not displayed in the description of your app. Today, for example, version v1.03 was displayed in the Playstore. But after the update I had installed v1.04. On friday it was similar. v1.02 was displayed, but v1.03 was behind it. :unsure:
This is no big deal now and doesn't bother anybody if you know it. :whistle: If you don't have any influence there, you know now why there might be irritations regarding the versions.
Nothing I can do about this. Mysteries of Google play store.

vertical axes are (typically) reported as "Stick up = negative value", and "Stick down = positive value". Can also be other way depending on the individual controller.

AFAIK generic controllers have no way to report battery levels in android
I'm sorry
After asking the question, I tried the operation with the game pad tester and found that it was not an error, so I just canceled the question.
It is a pity that the battery level indication is not displayed.
Thank you for answering.

v1.05 has been released on play store and should become available for download in the next minutes / hours

This version will become the next productive version unless defects are found.

Changes since v1.04
New
* Option to automatically rotate & crop photos to level the horizon
* Option to add altitude description to photos

The "level horizon" feature should make the stitching process for panoramas much easier. Depending on wind and wifi link quality the telemetry data used to rotate the photos can be inaccurate or outdated but typically the results are good as far as I can see. Leveled photos are store in addition to the originals to allow manual rotate & crop.

What is the trick to get the latest version. I have 1.01 T, and play store shows I am up to date.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have the paid version but have not signed up for beta testing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just received the update to 1.05 :p
1.05 works fine. No problems anymore by connecting the controllers. I also can connect two controllers, one for student and one for the master. ;)
Only one thing: The RoHS controller haves a big delay. A short yaw ends in almost a full circle. But for emergency stop and RTH it is OK. I guess this controller is not the best for this job. :unsure:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv