Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Thank you, @volate!lo -- I'll get to you with details soon. I, too, don't think the problems are TelloFPV related -- for a quick glance, flyaways were mentioned on the forum since mid-2018 at least, while you announced your app in December '18 -- but I know from my own hard earned experience that supporting border cases is a royal pita ;)

@umanbean -- I just try to avoid Google services whe[nr]ever possible, on devices and on the Web; I perceive surveillance and monopolies *) harmful to society, big G being excellent example of both. You may not share that view and I'm not going to proselytize you of course ;)

*) yes, I know, Apple, eternal fig-leaf company, for MS and Google alike -- "what monopoly? There's Apple!" ;)

Ok, I can respect your perceived 'surveillance' and existence of monopolies theories, because to a large extent it's true. Although the word surveillance implies 'they' are targeting just you!

But your presence in this forum confirms that you're on the internet... so like it or not, they already gotcha!!!

Your ISP knows everything about what you do, your email provider, all the routers that link everything together, etc etc all the way up the chain... keeps up with your activity. And you can't hide from Google these days unless you stay under a rock and use a candle at night.

How do you perform a web search?... purchase anything online?.... send and receive email?...

Sorry, I don't like it any more than you do. But I can't help playing devil's advocate here.

Menu control by stick & button for the main Autopilot menu makes sense, sorry but I just forgot that one.
Hi Volatello,
do you see a chance to include this feature with one of the next releases? When spring is coming and tello is being used again more frequently outside I'd be glad to have this easier access to the APs :)

Ok, I can respect your perceived 'surveillance' and existence of monopolies theories, because to a large extent it's true. Although the word surveillance implies 'they' are targeting just you!

But your presence in this forum confirms that you're on the internet... so like it or not, they already gotcha!!!

Your ISP knows everything about what you do, your email provider, all the routers that link everything together, etc etc all the way up the chain... keeps up with your activity. And you can't hide from Google these days unless you stay under a rock and use a candle at night.

How do you perform a web search?... purchase anything online?.... send and receive email?...

Sorry, I don't like it any more than you do. But I can't help playing devil's advocate here.

Even if you don't use any google services on a phone both Google and FB know a lot about you anyway, just from looking at other people's phones, what they do, where they are, and how that relates to you and everyone you know.

There are IMO only two things one can do.
Use tons of fake accounts and phone numbers to confuse them. Or hide under some stone.
Both wont work in the long run as big data evolves.

There are ways to stay anonymous on the internet but it is a challenge for experts and certainly impossible for the average user.

Dang!... So Google not only surveils everything we do, they let viruses infect our devices?

I did not know that.
I tried not to get involved into this story as it was a bit hard to follow. Maybe I misunderstood something, but I never bothered to ask for details.

Hi Volatello,
do you see a chance to include this feature with one of the next releases? When spring is coming and tello is being used again more frequently outside I'd be glad to have this easier access to the APs :)
Still on the list but currently TelloMe is higher priority

Reactions: Jet Lag
We shouldn't hijack volate!lo's thread, so if you're interested, we may continue in another one.

Although the word surveillance implies 'they' are targeting just you!

No, why? I hope no one is after me specifically. But just let me quote "Catch-22":

‘They’re trying to kill me,’ Yossarian told him calmly. ‘No one’s trying to kill you,’ Clevinger cried. ‘Then why are they shooting at me?’ Yossarian asked. ‘They’re shooting at everyone,’ Clevinger answered. ‘They’re trying to kill everyone.’
‘And what difference does that make?’

;) Surveillance can be untargeted.

Your ISP knows everything about what you do, your email provider, all the routers that link everything together, etc etc all the way up the chain...

I'm my email provider, and my ISP sees a lot of Tor traffic ;) But hey, I'm not going to disappear from the net -- I just try to avoid (to reasonable extent) actors whose actions I despise. So far TelloFPV license verification is the most complicated thing I had to do to avoid installing Google Services on the device I actually use.

There are (still) different providers. Choosing them promotes diversity and keeps market sane and fair :)

Ok, there is another solution. Buy a xiaomi or other chinese phone brands that support google play, sign in, install tellofpv, go to settings>application manager and disble google apps. Just dont use huawei as they have issues connecting to controller.
Smart move. Not.

So not only NSA and google but also Xiaomi have access to any personal data. China, this country where the ideas of privacy or intellectual property don't even exist, and where the government considers all data within their territory to belong to them.
Do yo have chinese surveillance cameras in your bathroom, those backed by a chinese cloud? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Any Chance to get TelloMe on Higher Performance Android Phones?
See the Vids and it looks amazing :)
I am at the moment working on it. More or less. Actually I am working on copy protection.

This is the one thing that really pi§$es me off regarding Android. I have to spend more time on this anti-piracy nonesense than on actual functionality.

Reactions: lifescanner
Copy Protection, your APP is not so expensive - so why steal it ?
Hope u can figure it out in the future.

Nur klauen ist billiger als KiK :mad:

Copy Protection, your APP is not so expensive - so why steal it ?
Hope u can figure it out in the future.

Nur klauen ist billiger als KiK :mad:

Based on Google statistics about 25% of all installations are v1.1.3c. Its old, buggy and has bad video quality, but you can download it at some shady places.
The good thing is: At least one of these cracked APKs has something added to it, the APK is somewhat larger than it should be. No clue what it is, but I hope its some sort of ransomeware or virus.

I use Tello FPV whenever I fly outdoor and I like it.

I have a question which is possibly asked before, sorry if so.
I have Telo EDU and I can change the WFI to station mode, so it connects to an existing WIFI.
This existing WIFI is the hotspot of my mobile. Then Tello's ip address is no longer 102.168.10.1 but something else.

When I start Tello FPV it asks me to connect to Tello's network. Can I use Tello FPV when Tello is connected to the mobile's hotspot?

I use Tello FPV whenever I fly outdoor and I like it.

I have a question which is possibly asked before, sorry if so.
I have Telo EDU and I can change the WFI to station mode, so it connects to an existing WIFI.
This existing WIFI is the hotspot of my mobile. Then Tello's ip address is no longer 102.168.10.1 but something else.

When I start Tello FPV it asks me to connect to Tello's network. Can I use Tello FPV when Tello is connected to the mobile's hotspot?
open about screen, tap 3x on the credits section, enter "sip=192.168.10.1" (without quotes, and with your Tello IP of course).
Then exit & restart the app.

I never tried it though and never heard of anyone who did so you are the guinea pig. I read somewhere that Tello doesn't send video in station mode so video may not work at all.

You will have to set it back to 192.168.10.1 once you want to use the app with a Tello in normal wifi mode.

Reactions: IroN
sorry if the question has already been asked (I was a little behind ...) but which is the firmware version that is better with Tello FPV ???

My first Tello still has the original firmware from 2018. The one I bought second-hand through the classifieds here had the latest FW already installed. With Tellofpv they both work the same.

Reactions: JoeBaldy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv