Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Don't have the time to keep fiddling with it right now, but I'm certain you'll get it straightened out soon... I've seen that happen too many times to doubt it.

Every time you come out with a new killer feature, I feel like a kid in a candy store all over again... yeeehaaa!

I'm going to put copilot on a USB memory stick with an OTG adapter so I can quickly install it on anyone's phone at any time.

I've said this dozens of times since December, but:
Thanks again!
(y)
Just keep a copy of the Copilot APK on your phone so you can beam it, transfer by bluetooth or wiffi direct, or just mail it someone.

A complete example would be:
"TelloFpv: #3 Me: #2 (1) CP: #4 #6" (the last part "CP: #4 #6" is missing because you are running only one Copilot)

Meaning:
TelloFpv: #3 = Copilot is connected to TelloFpv running on a device with an IP address x.x.x.3
Me: #2 (1) = Copilot (Me) itself is running on a device with an IP address x.x.x.2 and has connected (1) time (it has not yet reconnected due to problems).
CP: #4 #6 = This copilot instance also serves "slave" copilot instances running on devices with IP address x.x.x.4 and x.x.x.6

At the same time TelloFpv should show:
"Me: #3 CP: #2"

Meaning:
Me: #3 = TelloFpv (me) runs on a phone with IP address x.x.x.3
CP: #2 = There is one copilot instance connected to this TelloFpv, and it is running on a phone with IP x.x.x.2

This helps to understand how the mesh of copilot instances is connected to each other. Only useful if there are more than one copilots active. Each TelloFpv and Copilot can serve two more Copilots by default.
Not sure this info will make it into production.

Last edited:
TelloFpv: #3 Me: #2 (1)
Just guessing but...
Repeater is #1
You connected your co-pilot to repeater first #2
Connected flight device next #3
(1) co-pilot devices connected

eta: Doh!... vola replied while I was typing... please ignore my shot in the dark o_O

Last edited:
IP Address #1 is Tello. At least in my case the extender does not use an IP address.
Tello runs a DHCP server that assigns the other IPs to the phones.

Last edited:
@volate!lo I know that you have made clear (more than once) that you have no intention of developing TelloFPV for IOS but I was wondering if there is any way that copilot could be developed for IOS? I assume not, but thought I'd ask.

@volate!lo I know that you have made clear (more than once) that you have no intention of developing TelloFPV for IOS but I was wondering if there is any way that copilot could be developed for IOS? I assume not, but thought I'd ask.
To develop any app on iOS and distribute it through the Apple App Store would require jumping through the same hoops no matter what.

It's 2 a.m. in Germany, volate!lo is probably asleep

I'm a night owl.

Copilot shares >99% of the code with TelloFpv, with just a few conditional sections enabled / disable using compile flags. So no version for IOS .

TelloFpv 1.3a has been released to beta, containing only a few bugfixes around connection handling with Copilot.

Copilot has also been released as v1.3a, you can find the app her:

(ignore the VGPS package name... Google play store has not yet finished the review of Copilot app so I just reused an old app I never released for vGPS license handling )

TelloFpv 1.3a has been released to beta, containing only a few bugfixes around connection handling with Copilot.
Yessir, you did it again.

S5 flight device, M3 tablet as co-pilot - now works well in my static test inside. Getting ready to go outside and try it flying.

Now, I can just hand my tablet to someone instead of having to load co-pilot on their phone. THIS is the feature I've been waiting for.

You da man!

I'm asking because I have a problem with my medion tablet. In the past, during the flight I was able to turn on taking pictures and then video and vice versa. Now when I start taking pictures the picture stops. I have to turn off the tello fpv and turn it on again. Each time you turn on capturing pictures, the image stops.

do you happen to have a screen recording?

EDIT: When exactly does the video feed stop? Whenever you switch from video mode to photo mode? Or at the time you really take a photo?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel