Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

New iFrames values succesfully tested in-flight. They generated hight quality and smooth video no stuttered as I has never seen before into TelloFPV. It's amazing !

The APs now support distance, ppi and home. You have to use + and - on the distance to cycle between distance, poi, home. If you use - while it shows 1m distance it shows poi, after poi it shows home.
I followed your directions and Autopilots worked great with POIs, as you said:

At this point if you select "minus "sign you get this:

By the way, enhanced Up&Away is giving me an amazing shoots. I'll try to post an entire video devoted to this new thrilling autopilot. I notice you should set more than one hundred and fifty meters away to reach Tello 30 meters maximum height.

Enjoy !

Raul.

Reactions: Flydrone

volate!lo

Reaction score
cool.

Up&Away reaches the 30m altitude limit after about 135m distance. But since you are already so far up & away you won't notice in the video if Tello still continues to climb up or not so a 200m up&away looks just as good.

I don't know if you noticed but you can increase the speed of the travel. Just start the AP with maybe 30% speed so the first few meters are slow & smooth and then after a few meters use pitch to increase speed so the remaining long distance is covered quickly.

What do you think about a reverse Up & Away? A "down & close"? That is you press a button and Tello flies a direct line towards the POI (or home). Like RTH but continuously adjusting altitude so it arrives at the correct altitude.

raulvolador

Reaction score
What do you think about a reverse Up & Away? A "down & close"? That is you press a button and Tello flies a direct line towards the POI (or home). Like RTH but continuously adjusting altitude so it arrives at the correct altitude.
What can I say... It's a great idea !

Raul.

Mike Wi

Reaction score
....video recording on my S5 now flawlessly on v 1.11P, no more broken videos - artefacts are gone & 4mp/s worked fine as well 👍👍👍👍👍

volate!lo

Reaction score
Crashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Jah!
That is a good point. Any inconsistencies in VPS will lead to Tello crashing into one's face. Maybe not so smart

....video recording on my S5 now flawlessly on v 1.11P, no more broken videos - artefacts are gone & 4mp/s worked fine as well 👍👍👍👍👍
Great. Seems its nailed now.

Reactions: Mike Wi

Sagvan82

Reaction score
Amazing idea 👍
I was thinking about reversing video from up and way to get such kind of result, but surroundings looks strange (reverse movement of cars and people), this AP could make amazing shots or amazing face bruising

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

As promised, here it's a short video clip testing new Up & Away Tello Autopilot, added to TelloFPV starting 1.07 release (february 2019)

You can see it can be flexible programed to suit any distance and speed. Added self-timer allows you to be ready before maneouver starts. Forgive me that I have hidden my face as I don't want to become a movie star :)

Notice Tello video was recorded at 3Mb/s and 4Mb/s with zero and 1 second Iframe intervals. Smartphone live screen captures were taken using DU Recorder app. Second clip is x2 speed up after flight, during video editing session.

Enjoy ;)

Raul

spamaro

Reaction score
Hi,

As promised, here it's a short video clip testing new Up & Away Tello Autopilot, added to TelloFPV starting 1.07 release (february 2019)

You can see it can be flexible programed to suit any distance and speed. Added self-timer allows you to be ready before maneouver starts. Forgive me that I have hidden my face as I don't want to become a movie star :)

Notice Tello video was recorded at 3Mb/s and 4Mb/s with zero and 1 second Iframe intervals. Smartphone live screen captures were taken using DU Recorder app. Second clip is x2 speed up after flight, during video editing session.

Enjoy ;)

Raul
Great demo and amazing @volate!lo function ! Congratulations for the great developper and the most perspicacious beta tester !

TexasKid

Reaction score
Hi there.

I've been using the App for several weeks now an it is great.... only one thing dissapointed me.
Yesterday I got my new WiFi-Extender (Comfast WR371AC).... and now TelloFPV doesn't connect to my drone any more. First I thought ok... must be the settings.... but after 4 hours I came to the conclusion that the settings are ok. Finally I tried die original app from Ryze.... and I connects right away (via extender) to my drone.

Any ideas?

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hi there.

I've been using the App for several weeks now an it is great.... only one thing dissapointed me.
Yesterday I got my new WiFi-Extender (Comfast WR371AC).... and now TelloFPV doesn't connect to my drone any more. First I thought ok... must be the settings.... but after 4 hours I came to the conclusion that the settings are ok. Finally I tried die original app from Ryze.... and I connects right away (via extender) to my drone.

Any ideas?
You'd be the first to report such problems. TelloFpv does not do any magic with the connection, it just uses an available connection (any connection) and does not care about extender or not.

What message does TelloFpv show?

TexasKid

Reaction score
You'd be the first to report such problems. TelloFpv does not do any magic with the connection, it just uses an available connection (any connection) and does not care about extender or not.

What message does TelloFpv show?
It just says:
Please connect to Tello's wifi

The light on the drone is flashing yellow.
My phone is connected to the extender's SSID Tello-xxxxx-plus.
And the extender reports a connection to SSID Tello-xxxxx.

So the settings seem to be ok.

Very confusing.

volate!lo

Reaction score
It just says:

Very confusing.
My best guess us your extender is not a wifi extender but a router. It changes the IP addresses and ranges and runs its own DHCP server. TelloFpv checks the IP range to see if it connected to Tello's wifi and since your router changes the range TelloFpv thinks its not connected to tello.

You can check if this is true: open the wifi settings and check the IP address assigned to your phone. If connected to Tello you will see 192.168.10.x, most likely 192.168.10.2 . If connected to the router its something different

spamaro

Reaction score
Thanks. I had to look up "perspicacious" if this was a nice word or not, and I still don't know how to pronounce it :-D
I have to confess i don't know how to pronounce it too. I used a translator to translate that word from french to english ! Yeah, it is very positive word ! Thanks to both Raul and you ! :)

Last edited:

Token2695

Reaction score
It just says:

Very confusing.
Check if your comfast is working on 5,8ghz. I read something about it in other drone related forum.

brick72

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Question:
How to activate/deactivate Auto Pilots in VR Mode?
Is it possible to Change the raising angle in up/Away?

I cant wait to Test this Version, but actually the last weeks its verry Stormy outside.
Congratulations to Version 1.11 !!!

volate!lo

Reaction score
All autopilots can be assigned to buttons using the normal mapping dialog.
Increasing the angle would mean the object will probably drop out of the screen. But there is some room for adjustment. I will test a bit and see what I can do.

brick72

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
All autopilots can be assigned to buttons using the normal mapping dialog.
Increasing the angle would mean the object will probably drop out of the screen. But there is some room for adjustment. I will test a bit and see what I can do.
Yeah you are right. Didnt thought about the object in the Frame. Better Let it Stay like it is right Now.

Is it possible Now in POI to degrease indegrease the Range of Circle by Flying forward/backward?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kospa