Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

new iOS App: TelloFpv ... finally!

Let us know how you like it; I think that will be the next one for me.

Without gettng into details. My first Mini 2 is enroute to the shop. My “backup” Mini 2 is currently sitting on the shelf looking outside. Tons of cold and snow today. Sub 0 temps (Chicago). My dog won’t let me practice inside. He snatched my Tello out of the sky last week.

Hopefully I get outside to fly soon.

05f777181e7ec5063fcc41303688ece2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am pleased to announce that TelloFpv is now available on iOS app store. It's not an exact port of TelloFpv Android but a very close sibling.
But a few difference exist, mostly because I don't want to repeat the same mistakes again :)

Feature set:

* Enhanced telemetry (distance, altitude, pitch & roll indicators)
* Home indicator
* Trainer mode: Handover an external BT controller to someone else and keep the phone so you can overrule the other person's input anytime
* Three flight profiles: Sport mode - video mode - cine mode
* Wired and wireless gamepad controllers
* Flexible stick & button mapping, mode 1-4
* Autopilots: RTH, Circle & Lock POI, Dronies, 360s, panorama
* Full PDF manual included in App!
* Headless mode & Cruise Control
* Flight log

So most of the features are there, the following will be delivered via updates in the next weeks:
  • Support for VR goggles FPV with adjustable views
In terms of external controllers it should support any gamepad your iOS supports (check with a gamepad tester app!), plus T1D, T1S and Flypad.
Recommended controllers:
Wired: Gamevice works perfect but the tiny sticks could use some extensions.
BT: Flypad is a different level for stick precision and linearity compared to normal gamepads. But it's BT with all the problems associated.

Please Note: TelloFpv Copilot and vGPS are not supported. The app and manual are english only.
Hi just purchased ios version & cannot see headless mode in the menu.How do I access it?Thanks

Hi, do I need separate software to stitch the panorama pics. The drone just takes the pics but they just sit in the phone photo folder (iPhone mini 12) as individual parts. Thanks

Hi, do I need separate software to stitch the panorama pics. Tello takes the individual pics (with heights noted in the corners!) but no resultant pano. Phone is iPhone 12 mini Thanks

Hi, do I need separate software to stitch the panorama pics. Tello takes the individual pics (with heights noted in the corners!) but no resultant pano. Phone is iPhone 12 mini Thanks
If you want to stitch the images on your iPhone you can try PhotoStitcher. It’s basic, free and the interface is a bit clunky but it works.

Chris

Reactions: volate!lo
Thanks very much to the TelloFPV developer for extending the usefulness of the Tello drone! I am really loving TelloFPV and have been testing with TestFlight. Is the paid version supporting the Follow feature?

Last edited:
TellloFpv doesn't have follow me, too many functions interfere with image stibilization.

Copilot is only available for Android, and not compatible with iOS

The function I am missing in IOS TelloMe is terrain avoidance as I find that the Tello will fly into hills during following. :) Would you suggest using the Android TelloFPV with Follow for terrain avoidance or will IOS TelloMe be getting the Terrain feature in the future?

The function I am missing in IOS TelloMe is terrain avoidance as I find that the Tello will fly into hills during following. :) Would you suggest using the Android TelloFPV with Follow for terrain avoidance or will IOS TelloMe be getting the Terrain feature in the future?

Actually Terrain mode existed but was removed from TelloMe. This mode caused Tello to loose view of the subject, so tracking results were not good.

You should use follow altitude (the button at the bottom right), so Tello will automatically follow you as you go up or down (within the 30m limit from takeoff point).

I bought the app and have been enjoying it immensely. I was able to enter the FPV mode with the split screen for my goggle/phone holder yesterday and today I can’t for the life of me find where to do that again. Am I missing something?

I bought the app and have been enjoying it immensely. I was able to enter the FPV mode with the split screen for my goggle/phone holder yesterday and today I can’t for the life of me find where to do that again. Am I missing something?
It's in the menu, called VR mode

Fresh user here.
Up and working on an iPad mini.
Were to find the user manual?
(1) Open the TelloFPV App (I'm using iPhone)
(2) Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen (3 dots, 3 lines)
(3) Both the VR Mode and Manual selections are in the menu that opens.

I am more on the hunt for a document named ”User Manual” or something like that.
It is mentioned in the first post of this thread.

For the app there is only one manual, the one available from the app menu.

For Tello itself there is a manual by Ryze, printed version comes with the tello

For the app there is only one manual, the one available from the app menu.

For Tello itself there is a manual by Ryze, printed version comes with the tello
Yes, I have found the manual now. Missed it at first because I saw a fairly short drop-down menu without a scrollbar, didn’t realize it was scrollable.

It is a really good manual! Very informative!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv